Sign in to follow this  
SkippyBing

Fly Navy 100 Flypast

For some reason I was volunteered to stand in the middle of the runway to make sure the aircraft were all lined up nicely. I have a feeling I may be more expendable than I'd like!

Anyway I edited a few bits together and removed my voice from the soundtrack! It should look better in high quality if your connection supports it.

Edited by SkippyBing

Thanks for sharing Skippy...

In a way, it's a bit depressing... Just the other day I was reading about the coronation flypast, and how it took well over an hour for the aircraft to fly over the reviewing stand... That Sea Vixen sounded lovely... but fixed wing RN certainly looked "emasculated"... (again!)

SB

To be fair, fixed wing RN had apparently actually gone to sea for the first time in aeons!

Ah, "gainfully employed" instead of trooping the colours. Can't complain about that...!

But when you repeat names like Albion, Bulwark, Centaur, Eagle, Hermes, and of course Ark, and the airwings to go with them... (sniff!)

SB

Bah. A good friend and me saw one of the last if not last air show appearances of F-106. Mid 80s or so. After F-106 landed, the Blue Angels were coming up to bat soon. Everybody ran down there. But I'm a contrarian, so...

We had the pilot and mech to ourselves for long afterwards, as the Sheep all herded over to the Blue Angels thing. Those guys were two bodies, one soul, one mind, plus the plane. In the end, I said it was time for us to leave, because after the F-106 lands, the entire airshow is over. They loved that!!!! We totally missed the F-16 Flacons, but we saw the entire airshow -- all F-106. :ok:

banghead.gif

Crissy-kopfpatsch.gif

Thunderbirds...?...lol

I never got into the "pop" stuff. The only thing I remember from that show was F-106 and the pilotmech guy...well, two tarnished leathered worn out bodies but one youthful soul, plus the worn out plane which needed external cart to start. thumbs.gif

Oh, yea...Skippy, I "forgot" as usual.

Nice video. Could be worse: you could have been up there hehe...

Didn't mean to hijack your thread. F106 was my last airshow, over twenty years back.