How do you change the game HUD values for a particular aircraft from metric to English? Someof my MiGs are displaying km/h and meters when I want knots and feet.

That's because everyone in the world, expect the USofA is metric.

They ARE correct. It's easy enough to do the conversions in your head (and I am NO math whiz by any account)

and which HUD are you speaking of, the display on the HUD glass in the cockpit or the one in the lower left corner??

if it's the HUDGlass, you'll need to create all new display tgas, recalibrate the cockpit ini, data ini and a bunch of other stuff

wrench

kevin stein

I know they are correct and I know the world uses metric, I just want English, mainly because tactics and specs are printed in English measurements so its hard to convert on the fly to know if you are doing things right.

It's the lower left hud, the game hud, not the cockpit hud. I checked the ini's but I didn't see anything. The particular aircraft is the stock MiG-17F. I have the modded cockpit for it and everything in there reads English, but the game hud does not.

Edited by zmatt

Then you've got the wrong cockpit ini...there's a version around that's had all the measurements converted to metric. :haha:

have you checked in the options menu?? There's a 'measurments' window (should also have been covered in the game manual???) that drops down a couple of choices (cant remember exactly, as I use 'default' -- which covers everything, and I can convert on the fly, as you say, while flying!!) :wink:

and yes, there IS a line in the data ini...you just missed it. Of course, you'll have to pull EVERY data ini for EVERY Red bird, and make the adjustment..... But try the options menu thingy first, otherwise learn to think in metric -=- and it ain't that hard, really!

I"ll even help out with a screenie of the menu item in question! :good:

wrench

kevin stein

I didn't know that was there. I guess I should read the manual more often. Thanks.

Let us know if that worked, btw :biggrin:

Yes, definately, an RTFM moment ... :wink:

wrench

kevin stein

Worked great. I took up a flight of them and killed 4 rhinos.

Add following line in the data ini, AircraftData section:

[AircraftData]

UseMetricUnit=TRUE