Sign in to follow this  
i fight by 1

No weapons after installing Weapons pack

When first attempting to mod anything in WOX games,the knowledge base is your bible.

Read it and become knowledgeable.

It's got a lot of great info for the beginner.

For your problem you have to download a weapons editor and use it.

The knowledge base tells you exactly what to do.

This may help as well. I know it did for me.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=33279

3. Apply weapons pack. *

4. Download new Weapons Editor Weapon Data Editor v02.20.08 here:* http://www.thirdwire.com/downloads_tools.htm

5. Delete WEAPONDATA.dat = I couldn't find this

6. Open WEAPONDATA.INI with new weapons editor and save - Couldn't find this either

3. Apply weapons pack. *

4. Download new Weapons Editor Weapon Data Editor v02.20.08 here:* http://www.thirdwire.com/downloads_tools.htm

5. Delete WEAPONDATA.dat = I couldn't find this

6. Open WEAPONDATA.INI with new weapons editor and save - Couldn't find this either

Both are located in: Wings Over *\Objects\Weapons

Take a look there, otherwise you may need to install it again.

Both are located in: Wings Over *\Objects\Weapons

Take a look there, otherwise you may need to install it again.

Ok I thought it said "DATA" not "Dat"...Whers .ini?

Ok I thought it said "DATA" not "Dat"...Whers .ini?

Unless it's erased is next to it, so you'll have: WEAPONDATA.dat and WEAPONDATA.ini

Unless it's erased is next to it, so you'll have: WEAPONDATA.dat and WEAPONDATA.ini

I don't have another folder called WeaponsDATA

I don't have another folder called WeaponsDATA

They aren't folders they are files inside the folder Weapons, and both should be present

They aren't folders they are files inside the folder Weapons, and both should be present

There's WEAPONDATA that says DAT beneath it, and WEAPONDATA that says Configuration settings beneath it.

Edited by i fight by 1

I have it as C:\Program Files\Wings Over Vietnam\Objects\Objects\Weapons...O.o

Mmmm..... seems like it hasn't been correctly installed, so you'd erase the second Objects folder (the one inside Objects), and reinstall the Weapons pack, it's a bit risky because it could erase your aircraft folder, so make sure in the first Objects folder there is another one called Aircraft (and don't erase that one for God sake!!!) and erase the second Objects folder.

if it goes too complicated pm me for more info.

cheers and relax.

Mmmm..... seems like it hasn't been correctly installed, so you'd erase the second Objects folder (the one inside Objects), and reinstall the Weapons pack, it's a bit risky because it could erase your aircraft folder, so make sure in the first Objects folder there is another one called Aircraft (and don't erase that one for God sake!!!) and erase the second Objects folder.

if it goes too complicated pm me for more info.

cheers and relax.

What about the folder "Weapons"?

What about the folder "Weapons"?

Well cut that folder and paste it to your first Objects folder in the game hierarchy, if it asks for overwrite click yes to all.

cheers.

Well cut that folder and paste it to your first Objects folder in the game hierarchy, if it asks for overwrite click yes to all.

cheers.

Ok, then delete WEAPONDATA.dat?

Ok, then delete WEAPONDATA.dat?

Yes, and then, with the Weapon editor, open WEAPONDATA.ini and click save as: WEAPONDATA.ini, it will ask you to overwrite, so let it to do it, and voila!!! test it.

You're getting close....

Yes, and then, with the Weapon editor, open WEAPONDATA.ini and click save as: WEAPONDATA.ini, it will ask you to overwrite, so let it to do it, and voila!!! test it.

You're getting close....

I opened with Weaponeditor...nothing happened... I mean I clicked "Open with..." Weapon editor...Nothing :/

I opened with Weaponeditor...nothing happened... I mean I clicked "Open with..." Weapon editor...Nothing :/

Second lesson about to begin:

*Since this is an .exe file, in order to run it in windows xp you need to do a right click on the file and select properties

*look for a tab called: compatibility

*put a check mark where it says: "run this program in compatibility for:"

*then select windows 98/windows me in the dropdown menu

*save and you're done.

Ok, I did exactly that but, there are still no weapons. I tried to reinstall the weapons pack and everything but to no avail. Any help?

Ok, I did exactly that but, there are still no weapons. I tried to reinstall the weapons pack and everything but to no avail. Any help?

Ok I RE-reinstalled it, got it to work. There's not too many weapons thought and I have no mk.82 things anymore :/...

Ok I RE-reinstalled it, got it to work. There's not too many weapons thought and I have no mk.82 things anymore :/...

Sorry for triple posting but, I have few weapons for most planes, some are unusable because of there weapons are useless Ex: Photoflash bomb. Any advice?