Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Jerky all of a sudden

Hmm.... Not changed any settings at all, FPS still a healthy 45-55..... but the game has started to get jerky (when pulling around in a tight circle especially)

Only a fraction of a second..but maybe 4-5 times doing a 360.

Anybody got any idea's please?

Hmm.... Not changed any settings at all, FPS still a healthy 45-55..... but the game has started to get jerky (when pulling around in a tight circle especially)

Only a fraction of a second..but maybe 4-5 times doing a 360.

Anybody got any idea's please?

Try disabling the Vertex and/or Index buffer. Whe I first installed BHaH I was getting great framerates, but was getting the jerkiness you described. I poked around on the old SoH forums and http://www.polovski.com/ and found a suggestion Polovski made about trying to disable both buffers to eleiminate the jerkiness. Worked for me. Dropped my framerates a bit, but its now smooth. So far I've got both buffers disabled..haven't had time to see if I only need to disable one of them...

Edited by steve58

Try disabling the Vertex and/or Index buffer. Whe I first installed BHaH I was getting great framerates, but was getting the jerkiness you described. I poked around on the old SoH forums and http://www.polovski.com/ and found a suggestion Polovski made about trying to disable both buffers to eleiminate the jerkiness. Worked for me. Dropped my framerates a bit, but its now smooth. So far I've got both buffers disabled..haven't had time to see if I only need to disable one of them...

Thanks Steve..that rings a bell!..will try it tonight, and let you know

Worked for me Steve!..thanks matey!!

Seem to remember a couple posts that said the vertex buffers and index buffers should be disabled for ati cards,,,and the write only buffers are for both.

but i guess if it works,,,thats whats important,

remeber seeing a post that to some extent explaind all those settings, and what they actually do. If anyone should happen across it would appreciate them posting a link.

Seem to remember a couple posts that said the vertex buffers and index buffers should be disabled for ati cards,,,and the write only buffers are for both.

but i guess if it works,,,thats whats important,

remeber seeing a post that to some extent explaind all those settings, and what they actually do. If anyone should happen across it would appreciate them posting a link.

Absolutely correct Sittingduck..it was the write only buffers which I needed to disable (Nvidia)

I disabled the Vertex and Index buffers first..and the display went mad!.... :blink:

Sorted now though

Where are these options? Vertex / index buffers. Video card settings or in game?

http://www.combatfs.com/index.php?&loc...page=cfs3_tweak

this is one site on them....its for cfs3, but the setting appliy to off,,,just be sure to run the config in your off folder,,,not the one in your cfs3 folder......pol has another one (his faq site), dont have the url handy

and there is another thread with some different ideas on settings, when i find it i will post it

Edited by sitting_duck

Nevermind i finally figured it out.

Going into cfs3 config I never noticed the word 'window' right above the safe mode check box. Found all the cool goodies under that pull down option. TY

Nevermind i finally figured it out.

Going into cfs3 config I never noticed the word 'window' right above the safe mode check box. Found all the cool goodies under that pull down option. TY

Haha! That sounds all too familiar to me...... :biggrin:

Hello,

good to see it works UKWidowmaker !

But there may be another explanation i found here:

http://www.com-central.net/index.php?name=...topic&t=118

Too fast graphic cards can cause the sim to stutter, spoiling smooth movement with a sudden stop, and then moving on. According to this manual this might be due to the "rest" of the computer, which is slower than the graphic card, and has to catch up with the fast card, pumping data too slowly. This can be changed in the CFS3.xml file, setting minimal fps to 30, rather than the default 0.

But when it already works :biggrin:

Greetings,

Catfish