Sign in to follow this  
Firehawk

Sf-p1 And Ati Radeon 9600 Pro

THIIIIIIISSSSSS GAAAAAAMMMMMMMMEEEEEE IIIIIIISSSSS SSSSSSOOOOOO

SSSSSLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWW OOOOONNNNN MMMMMMYYYY CCCCOOOOMMMMPPPPPUUUUTTTTEEEEERRRRR..................

Seriously: I recently bought a Sapphire Radeon 9600 Pro Card with 128MB DDR and thought this would speed up about any game I have. I can now play IL2-FB and Lock-On (the demo) at 1024x768 with all details without any real stutter

(System: Athlon XP 2000+, 512MB RAM, 40GB HDD, Onboard LAN and Sound)

However the performance in Strike Fighters hasn't really changed... I had a Geforce2 MX before I bought the Radeon and I think the game was running even faster with that card (which would be ridiculous). Furthermore a RWR display in the F4 doesn't show up properly (just a blurred grenn-gray texture)

I know all this has already been reported and it is even stated in the readme file in the Strike Fighters dir, however I just hope we'll get the 2nd patch REALLY fast...

It's driving me crazy more and more!

Edited by Firehawk

However the performance in Strike Fighters hasn't really changed... I had a Geforce2 MX before I bought the Radeon and I think the game was running even faster with that card (which would be ridiculous). Furthermore a RWR display in the F4 doesn't show up properly (just a blurred grenn-gray texture)

Unfortunately some people seem to get stutters on ATI with SF P1.

I run a 9500 Pro & a 9700 Pro & never have - go figure.

Anyway, you should see improved image quality with the ATI & in particular you can run higher levels of FSAA etc. without the same level of slowdown as with the GF2.

As for the corrupted RWR, download Radlinker & turn off TCL.

Oh, & turning off shadows & mirrors helps speed up too.

Edited by BUFF

The ATI issue is a know one to TK and he will address it in the upcoming patch,like you said in your post..please have faith and patience(trust me it's worth the wait). B)

NVIDIA, go with the flow, although a 9600 pro wouldn't be so bad right now.

Hi,

I've got a 9800 pro and the prb with RWR is the same. :huh:

I can't open the link "Radlinker" :(

Please,another solution(if it'possible....)?

See you.

I had a GF3 and worked perfectly with SF, except the shadows issue and this woulnt be an issue with all planes anyways , just with some of them.

I got a radeon 9600 XT (those 9500 pro and above radeons really rock) which allows me to play the lomac now (i couldnt with the GF3) but i havent seen the slightest improvement in SF , doh? No to mention that the situation with shadows enabled is worst than with the GF3 AND SF is also not using the Anti Alias no matter what setting i will give it from the Catalyst control panel (doh?) :rolleyes:

And yeah where that radlinker link ? :blink:

Edited by squid