Sign in to follow this  
DoctorQuest

Where is the new SF2 folder structure documented?

I did not see it in the readme or manual.

I've been struggling for hours trying to figure this out. I have only purchased SF2: Vietnam so I did not get any information that may have been provided for SF2.

I understand the Vista issues. I just don't understand why the folder changes were not documented somewhere.

Edited by kirbykern

I don't know why you have to extract it...

My controls ini is available for editing... in the new folder structure.

The changes weren't for the sake of change.

It was all about Vista and its enchanced protection of files in the program folder and provision for separate game folders for user accessible files.

The only inconvenience to me is the change to unicode text files which makes the old cat extractor useless.

Fortunately, some people have come up with tools to use until TK releases his own.

There's only one drawback StreakEagle, The old Gun Editor is Useless.....There's one Line difference form the "Old" GunData.INI and the New Unicode one.....The Old Gun Editor Kicks that Line out and won't save it back to a .DAT. That's the only Tool in wait that I see....

What aspect of the folder structure do you need info on? To my knowledge it is not documented anywhere...

What aspect of the folder structure do you need info on? To my knowledge it is not documented anywhere...

Well the fact it exists in the first place. There is no documentation telling you where to go to make changes to the controls folder for instance. I do not run Vista. Saying SF2:V was updated to run under Vista means nothing to me.

Just a little frustrated. This could have been put in the readme.

"The old Gun Editor is Useless.....There's one Line difference form the "Old" GunData.INI and the New Unicode one.....The Old Gun Editor Kicks that Line out and won't save it back to a .DAT."

You just have to get around the Unicode issue on the GunData.ini file - or am I oversimplifying things. I should be able to write a program that could do this or is there a work around that already exists?