So for example if i caopy me Weapons folder from my ODS install and put it in my SF2V mods folder and run the weapon data thru the weapons editor it should work?

Dreamstar, unfortunately the answer is no. Go into your ODS weapon folder, look into the individual weapon folders, some may have a weapon ini file present, as mentioned above, this is the file that has made the huge difference between how the old game handles weapons and the new games. All the weapons now must have a weapon ini file in its folder, then what you would do is run the new weapon editor to open the new games default weapon data ini and merge with the weapon data ini from ODS and it would create the individual weapon data ini files for each weapon also. However, two problems, nowhere near all of the weapons in the ODS weapon folder will have a weapon ini, so you won't have those weapons. The task at hand is a gargantuan one considering the vast amount of weapons released over the years, basically we have to create a weapon ini for every weapon that doesn't already have one.

Edited by Kopis n Xiphos