Sign in to follow this  
ordway

New Mig-23 Cockpit repaint

New Mig-23MF Soviet Green cockpit repaint in final stages. I have had several requests for a repaint like this. This is based on Armourdaves's and Sal's cockpit powder blue Mig-23 cockpit.

Cockpit switches images were also added as per color photos.

mig-23.jpg

Edited by ordway

Man Ordway, this will be another great addition, thank you very much for it.

OUTSTANDING!!!

Now, if we could only get a 27 pit like this one...

mig27_pit.jpg

someday, we'll ID what parts came for LOMAC, and replace them with something 3rd Wire

wrench

kevin stein

ps: can anyone ID what parts are LOMAC??

Okay, I got a variation of Gerhard's MIG-23 HUD working on this cockpit. Thanks to Jarhead for the suggestion.

RADAR MISSILE DISPLAY

Mig-23Hud1.jpg

CCIP

Mig-23Hudccip.jpg

The HUD displays are missing the two veritcal side bars in Gerhards HUD. Anyone got suggestions on how to make them appear?

Gerhardshud.jpg

Edited by ordway

Real 23' avionics....

Thanks, Gulp!

Those vertical brackets are looking more important all the time.

Now, the first photo, unless it is blurred, looks like a different generation HUD then the later ones. It seems to be missing the vertical bars.

Edited by ordway

img00003_65.jpg

img00002_75.jpg

img00002_74.jpg

img00001_72.jpg

img00001_71.jpg

.......and I have WIP avionics also....

Thanks, Gulp!

Those vertical brackets are looking more important all the time.

Now, the first photo, unless it is blurred, looks like a different generation HUD then the later ones. It seems to be missing the vertical bars.

Very good ordway, you earned a cookie :smile:

It was a "trick" pic - it is MiG-25, I just wondered will anybody see the difference

Cheers

img00001_71.jpg

That is awesome Starfighter! Tell me when you have finished with the Mig-23 HUD and we can connect your HUD to my cockpit and we will have a Mig-23 on fire!

I can hardly wait!

Edited by ordway

Cool this will be a nice ML/MLD cockpit :)

Thx guys, I think that avionics is almoust finished, couple of days, a week maybe.

Cool this will be a nice ML/MLD cockpit :)

Hi Brain or anyone,

What changes would you suggest to make it an earlier version Mig-23M/MF cockpit?

Maybe we can release both.

Thanks,

Edited by ordway

Hi Brain or anyone,

What changes would you suggest to make it an earlier version Mig-23M/MF cockpit?

Well earlier cockpits of M and export MF are much closer(actually very similar) to what we have for MiG-21MF, later versions had updated avionics and radar projected onto the hud...

There was no CCIP on 23's BTW, try later MiG-27 for that ;)

Well earlier cockpits of M and export MF are much closer(actually very similar) to what we have for MiG-21MF, later versions had updated avionics and radar projected onto the hud...

There was no CCIP on 23's BTW, try later MiG-27 for that ;)

You mean the early Mig-23 cockpit had a radar screen half way down the instrument panel?

Yes, just like MiG-21...

I'm sure that export MiG-23MS has that type of cockpit.

I'm not sure about M,MF and even old good MiG-23S.

There was no CCIP on 23's BTW

I confirm that. There is only a fixed reticle (a round one, much like in Mago's MiG-21MF pit) used for A-G aiming. The only MiG-23's with CCIP are MiG-23B, BM and BN.

You mean the early Mig-23 cockpit had a radar screen half way down the instrument panel?

No. The radar screen is projected ON the HUD glass. In fact, it isn't a real HUD, like on the most western aircraft - it doesn't display flight parameters like speed, heading, altitude etc., it displays only target/radar data. Only the MS has a separate radar screen on the instrument panel (much like MiG-21).

@starfighter

Nice work! :good: Looks pretty close to the real one. Only one slight correction - the ">" and "<" symbols next to the left (target range) and right (target altitude) scales must be static. They are used as a reference for the neutral position of the horizon line.

Real 23' avionics....

Take notice that the 2nd,5th and 6th image are from a late model 23 (ML,MLA,MLD) and the 3rd and 4th are from earlier (probably MF). There are some slight differences.

@starfighter

Nice work! :good: Looks pretty close to the real one. Only one slight correction - the ">" and "<" symbols next to the left (target range) and right (target altitude) scales must be static. They are used as a reference for the neutral position of the horizon line.

Before we all go off and start changing our work, in my opinion, this must be like published data please in mainstream science. What evidence do you have to say all this?

Otherwise this becomes myth, propaganda and urban legend like some mainstream science issues which in my experience is severely leading the US and the world down the wrong path on some potentially life changing issues (I was in mainstream science for 12 years).

Right now, all we have (except for Starfighter's superb input), in my opinion, is conflicting statements that could be based on hearsay and theresay and not evidence.

Sorry to be blunt, but you see my point. :biggrin:

Hey Ordway, did you get PM with files?

Hey Ordway, did you get PM with files?

Yes Starfighter! Thank you. I am assimilating them and currenty testing them for robustness. :)

Edited by ordway

ordway,

While I am not a pilot, I had some experience with various usually soviet built aircraft (mostly MiG-23BNs and UBs) working as a tech, for a short period of time before leaving the millitary for good and starting a more profitable career as a software developer. And I was pretty "shocked" to learn that all the stuff I have been taught for about 5 years is "myth, propaganda and urban legend" :wink: I promise to burn my diploma and start reading aviation magazines issued only in the USA! :notworthy:

What I said was just my 2 cents - it is up to you to take it or not. It's just a game, anyway. It is s upposed to be fun - not to start flame wars.

This would be my last post on this topic!

Well I don't see anything so flammable here lol

Anyway, what you said is true plus I'm quite certain the S and MS had the mig-21 like cockpit, now the only thing I'm not so sure about is the 23M cockpit, I could swear I saw a picture of it without the "radar-on-hud" but...it wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong lol...

Anyway for major MiG-23 variants:

S - basically preproduction model(S stands for Sapphir radar from MiG-21 btw.)

M - first mass produced

MF - significantly crippled "M" exported to Warsav Pact countries ONLY

MS - insanely crippled "M" intended for export to non-WP countries(Arabs,Africa etc..., notice the "S")

P - interceptor version

ML - massive avionics updates, engine updates, reduced weight and improved airframe

MLD - further improved avionics, airframe and engine, a true killer Flogger even wired for R-73 and R-27

I have little to no knowledge of B/BN/BM or MiG-27's