Sign in to follow this  
ndicki

Adding a gunsight in "Cockpit off" view

I'm mucking round with Monty's beautiful B-534, and I've got a question - when the cockpit is visible, there's the fixed ring sight, but if you go into "cockpit off" mode (OK, I know it's cheating, but tell me you never do that!) there is no sight available. Is anybody able to point me at the right place? I've tried changing the [GunsightFront] entry in B-534_COCKPIT.INI, but it hasn't worked... There doesn't seem to be anything in the Knowledge Base, and a search for "gunsight" didn't help much... Thanks!

I'm mucking round with Monty's beautiful B-534, and I've got a question - when the cockpit is visible, there's the fixed ring sight, but if you go into "cockpit off" mode (OK, I know it's cheating, but tell me you never do that!) there is no sight available. Is anybody able to point me at the right place? I've tried changing the [GunsightFront] entry in B-534_COCKPIT.INI, but it hasn't worked... There doesn't seem to be anything in the Knowledge Base, and a search for "gunsight" didn't help much... Thanks!

You should indeed modify the GunsightFront entry. Maybe you haven't added a suitable gunsight .tga image to the cockpit folder?

This worked for the MiG-21PFM, MiG-21PFM_Cockpit.INI:

Directory=Cockpit
HUDMode=CAGED,AA
RippleQuantity=1,2,4
RippleInterval=50,100,200

[GunsightFront]
;HasGunsight=FALSE
HasGunsight=TRUE
GunsightMilSize=22
GunsightName=Sight.tga
LeadComputing=FALSE
MinLeadRange=100
MaxLeadRange=1000
DefaultLeadRange=300
MaxDepression=0

Of course! Thanks, Gerwin. Put it down to excessive exposure to CFS3, where it doesn't matter where you put image files as long as they're in the install somewhere.

and there's a nice ring-and-bead gunsight tga in my P-40B and P-36A mods available here (and in other mods that I can't remember right offhand)

wrench

kevin stein