Sign in to follow this  

I'm really enjoying 'The Mirage Factory' Mirages at the moment and have progressed onto the Mirage IIIE but I'm baffled at the safe use of the AN-52 tactical nuke. Any tips please?

drop it high try to see watt his best distance fordroping put the AB and bug out fast

or close cry banzai and hope for the best :rofl:

The AN-52 tactical nuclear bomb is best used by high altitude delivery because in this model have the drag chute deploy. But if you don't want to be hit by SAMs I suggest you to open the Weapondata.ini and remove the the data relative to parachute and the release animation.

So after this modification you have to use it with the LABS type delivery. Fly low, fast and at few (6 to 8/10) km from the target pull up and at the best point release the bomb in a parabolic trajetory.

And do practice and practice because of non functioning LABS timers in the sim.

As a next best thing for LABS or similar, try giving the aircraft a CCIP if it doesn't have already, then toggle pit off when you initiate the climb for the lob as the ccip will fall below the visible part of the cockpit, zoom out the view so that you have the maximum FOV to see when the ccip passes over the target area. This is by no means precise and will not give you perfect hits with dumb bombs for example, so I find it a reasonable compromise for those systems seeing as they weren't 100% accurate by any means. When delivering nukes though, close is good enough! However, I have been messing with the viewpoint settings to try and free the virtual head so it can swivel between the pilots knees and look behind him so to speak, in the hope that in a virtual over the shoulder lob, the ccip could be visible behind the aircraft, unfortunately this does not work for two reasons, the hud doesn't extend that far to the rear hemisphere of the aircraft (no values seem to have an effect on this so seems it is hard coded, this is also the snag for sideways facing ccip in gunships), and by extending the FOV that much, the inputs become reversed past a certain point which really knackers situational awareness in the most delicate part of the manoeuvre.

Word Of The Day = Knackers :yes: .

With it being parachute retarded I was wondering if a set speed and altitude would work. I'll have a play tomorrow.

So far with all Nukes that I have noticed is that if ur above 40,000 Ft when u drop, u wont die.

(Holy thread resurrection Batman)

What sort of distance to target?

If i were you, I would get the Mirage IIIE up to 40k ft, dive vertical, loose and recover at, as low, 20k ft (don´t remove parachute from the bomb) afterburning outwards