Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

General health FYI for military members

If you feel that you may have suffered a heat stroke... report it to you supervisor IMMEDIATELY! Reason why I'm saying this is because this past monday, I was at Edwards AFB for training using simunitions (paintball round attached to an actual casing) praacticing an active shooter scenario with it being 100 degrees out. I thought I was.good untill I started working today. I was light headed driving in, unable to focus straight. Feeling very fatigued and deprtessed, and at the end of the day I left my weapon behind (which I've never done before) in the office to get something from my truck because I just could not focus. Fortunately for me, my superiors were able cue on the fact that something wasn't right with me for the whole day and I didn't get into any trouble. . But for leaving my weapon behind could've gotten someone killed, just because I thought I could tough it out. I think the airman's manual says that you should drink no more than 16 glasses of water if you have suffored a heat stroke. But anyways don't do what I did because you might end up doing something very regretable.

Edited by serverandenforcer

I once had heatstroke on a trip to the zoo when I was a teenager. It was a very hot and humid day in Miami and I felt light headed and nauseous. Then I noticed everything got VERY bright because my pupils actually dilated, and I almost fell over. The funny part was I stopped feeling overheated when it happened.