Sign in to follow this  
scouserlad13

PS3 vs XBOX 360

I thought AC6 was one of the better titles (been with the series since 1); the comms didn't piss me off as much as before and the cockpits and models saw some definate impovement. Of course it's an arcade style game, but I find it fun.

On the other hand, even though I own it, I really am not a fan of Over G. For trying to be "realistic" it fails pretty miserably, IMHO; it has some nice aspects to it, but it tries WAY too hard to be difficult, not to a realistic point either. Max engagement range of 10NM, fighters handle like pigs even when you're at 50% fuel and guns only, low G authority on planes that should have far greater authority, no low-speed maneuverability on any plane whatsoever...why the hell does my Tomcat handle like it's at 72,000lbs, lugging 6 Phoenix when it's only at 56,000lbs lugging a gun? Why does my F-16 only have a 360*/s roll rate when I've got 2 AIM-9's on the wings and that's it? Ugh...

Sorry for the rant, but I did expect a bit more from the game at $60.

I thought AC6 was one of the better titles (been with the series since 1); the comms didn't piss me off as much as before and the cockpits and models saw some definate impovement. Of course it's an arcade style game, but I find it fun.

On the other hand, even though I own it, I really am not a fan of Over G. For trying to be "realistic" it fails pretty miserably, IMHO; it has some nice aspects to it, but it tries WAY too hard to be difficult, not to a realistic point either. Max engagement range of 10NM, fighters handle like pigs even when you're at 50% fuel and guns only, low G authority on planes that should have far greater authority, no low-speed maneuverability on any plane whatsoever...why the hell does my Tomcat handle like it's at 72,000lbs, lugging 6 Phoenix when it's only at 56,000lbs lugging a gun? Why does my F-16 only have a 360*/s roll rate when I've got 2 AIM-9's on the wings and that's it? Ugh...

Sorry for the rant, but I did expect a bit more from the game at $60.

I have to admit I've never played it. But I still want to try it out for myself. It can't be any worse than AC5 I meant AC6. Do you have the xb360 hotas? That may improve the experience a bit.

Edited by charley111

Yep, I do, and it is fun. If you get a chance, check it out. I will tell you though, some of the radio calls are pretty friggin' bad towards the end of 6...

All I want in a next gen console is a real joystick like the PC has. I can't use an XBOX controller because of my disability. Until they start doing that again (Sega consoles including the Genesis had a 4 button stick with trigger and b, c and start buttons on top) I'll be sticking w/PC.

Falcon

Saitek makes a control stick the Saitek Aviator X-BOX360 and the PS3. They can be used on your PC also.