Sign in to follow this  
Laton

Hannover CL.III

OK Guys,

I'm uploading the Hannover CL.III to my site as a Beta release. Available Here

Unzip to your Objects/Aircraft folder

Geezer is working his magic with the gunner so the figure at the moment is the place holder.

At the moment I've set the gunner up so that the figure rotates but only the gun pitches. Mainly so that the gunner figure won't extrude past the fuselage when it

pivots up. The drawback is that it looks a bit odd when the gun only pivots. Do you guys have any preferences as to the method?

I'm not an FM guru but I'd be interested in feedback on that as well - I can't promise I can change things :blink: but it could be useful for others.

Final release of both the CL.II and CL.III should be soonish :biggrin:

It's another winner Laton...A real beauty! :ok:

The FM feels good to me: Quite heavy, slowish in the turn and not too fast, just as I imagine the sturdy Hannover would probably have handled.

Regarding the rear gunner: Personally, I don't like to see their legs poking through the fuselage. :no:

Quick question: I was wondering if you're gonna leave the fuselage grey, or are you going to replicate the 'painted lozenge' effect?

Whatever, thanks very much for producing another fantastic model!

Bucky

Thanks, Laton! When it comes to the gunner, I would prefer that the gunner and gun move in unison, and use the dummy part trick to remove the gunner's legs so that they don't protrude from the plane. It's very rare that I would be looking down into the rear cockpit anyway, so it doesn't matter to me if the gunner has legs or not, but I do like to see him "aim" his gun. Great model. Thanks, again.

Cheers guys,

Bucky, at this point, as far as the paint scheme, maybe :dntknw: I'll see how things pan out. The CL.II uses essentially the same scheme, just the fuselage is a bit lighter.

ETA: A quick trip to the paintshop

img00004-1.jpg

I'll have a look at the gunner - IIRC the parts that rotate & elevate are all based on how things are linked in the hierarchy in Max so I can play with a few things.

Also, just remembered that the one I released doesn't yet have the reduced LOD models so you may take a bit of a frame-rate hit if you have lots of them in the air at once.

Edited by Laton

The final version is going to be great based frrom the beta.I always looved the Hanover series and your rendition is great.Thank you.2 seaters are very welcome and when they are this good it's just great.