Sign in to follow this  

In my WW2 install of WoE at the end of every mission I get a ctd. I thought it was an issue with running it on Vista, but in XP compatibility mode it still crashes. I can't patch it due to it being my prop install. Does anyone know of a way to fix this?

perhaps if you catch the error message ... we can shed more light on the issue.

when it crashs, you should get the 'send a message to M$' popup. In that box is a 'click here to see what the message contains'.

On the top line of the next page, it'll list either an exe or a dll. We need to know what that is

also, have you truned OFF the shaders in all the terrain's data inis??? It'll still crash in Vista, with the 06 patch, if you didn't.

Covered in the KB....and in every readme for any WW2 terrain/terrain upgrade I've ever released.

wrench

kevin stein

Sorry for not responding sooner. there is no error dialog. It just goes away. I set the DepthBufferCheck value to FALSE in the normal texture and the water texture in all of my terrains as instructed but it still crashed.

zmatt - edit your data.ini (e.g. Midway_Data.ini) in your Terrain (e.g. Terrain\Midway) folder. Change these lines:

[NormalTextureMaterial]

UseEffectShader=FALSE <------------------ change from TRUE to FALSE

EffectShaderName=TerrainEffect.fx

DepthBufferCheck=TRUE

[WaterTextureMaterial]

UseEffectShader=FALSE <------------------ change from TRUE to FALSE

EffectShaderName=WaterEffect.fx

DepthBufferCheck=TRUE

ok, I'm on it.

EDIT:

I just flew a mission and it worked perfectly Thanks.

Edited by zmatt

zmatt

I am going to beat you with your monitor. :lol: that fix is in the KB. :haha:

Ah my bad. I couldn't fin d it in the specific fixes section. Maybe I didn't look hard enough >.>;