Sign in to follow this  
Wraith27

Two wings, one wing - what ever...

Photos of the real plane on the ground interspersed with some fake photos of it flying/landing.

The pictures on the right column are actual. The ones on the left are questionable. Here is the truth:

My F-15 came close to losing its wing once. When the pylon and tank ripped off in flight. It cut a gash in the left CFT also. I was down a month waiting for depot to come and change the wing.

That would no doubt have resulted in a change of flightsuit!

That mid-air with an A-4, though, was amazing because the F-15 shouldn't have survived.

I remember seeing this story. The pilot had to punch it, into afterburner, to keep the plane from listing into a spin. At high velocity, the F-15, seems to show relatively stable flight characteristics, when the wings or control surfaces have been compromised. The sheer wind velocity put the fire out, when they were accelerating. It was amazing they actually managed to land the poor bird.