Sign in to follow this  
sitting_duck

can i put this up?

Stumps new mission needs this facility gc_search_flak_2, and/or gc_search_flak_1

Not sure if i am allowed to post the file,,or if i can tell ppl where to get the file for that matter.

Hello Duck

Does not the community have a standing policy that mission parts and components previously posted are available for use by other modders if appropriate recognition is placed in the new mission files to acknowledge the original designer?

IMHO, It seems to me that, as a courtesy to the community, all the mission parts and components should be included inside the new mission archive with a Readme acknowledging the original designer when a new mission is posted - Or at least a good working link provided to where the part or component can be obtained. It is so aggravating to have to do a Google search for a mission part or component only to hit a deadend in a cold link that is several years old.

Just my two cents...

OlPaint01

Well, have asked for a policy, or guidelines, and have never gotten a reply. So, i am taking the stand if i don't know,,,ask first..

Im guessing it was an oversight on stumps part that he had them, and didnt realise they were not a stock part of Bhah.

And, i dont have a clue who orignailly built these files. I belive they are included in cfs1, and they are also in eto.

The problem is every single author would have their own policy.. so you have to find out who made it, and ask if there is no readme with it. Mostly authors put a read me and say "please always ship this read me with any distribution" so everyone knows ;) We can't tell you how to handle someone else's work.

I understand completely, and have no problems with that.

Which is why i asked, before putting up the files.

Now, dont suppose you know if these files "belong" to someone, or can be distributed?

Np, yes always best to ask sitting duck. I don't know who made em, maybe ask at the main cfs3 forums too?

Stumps new mission needs this facility gc_search_flak_2, and/or gc_search_flak_1

Not sure if i am allowed to post the file,,or if i can tell ppl where to get the file for that matter.

THE NEW MISSION HAS THE LINK FOR THE REQUIRED FILES POSTED IWHT IT (SEE THREAD http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=41365), AS FAR AS PERMISSION WE HAVE IT ALREADY FORM MATHIAS I TOOK CARE OF THAT ON RAFLOUVERS BEHALF SEE THREAD http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=41359