Sign in to follow this  
markkyle66

adding ground objects to SF2:Vietnam

Hi guys! One last question, I just moved alot of my custom ground objects from my YAP downloads for the original WOV to my SF2V install, put them in the MyDocuments/Thirdwire/Objects/Ground Objects folder and for one reason or another they haven't show up in my game... any thoughts on what I did wrong... I'll post if I can figure it out!

Thank you,

Mark

Any type of objects in particular?

Make sure each object has ini and data ini files and is in service when you are playing.

Also if they are sams or guns you would need to put the relevant SAM in weapons and add the gun it needs with the gun editor.

Any type of objects in particular?

Make sure each object has ini and data ini files and is in service when you are playing.

Also if they are sams or guns you would need to put the relevant SAM in weapons and add the gun it needs with the gun editor.

untitled-3.jpg

Thanks for the reply! Here is what I'm cooking with... each ground object has it's own .ini etc .... is there something i need to extract and fix to make them show up?

Oh - didnt think youd dumped the whole lot in

Take it all out again and only put back in what you need - probably just some of the guns and the SA-7

The thing is a lot of the objects are set up to appear in custom single missions - so they work how they wanted to. In YAP the objects are placed manually

All the objects you see on a terrain are also placed manually and are defined in a file somewhere

Now objects defined as Tanks and Mobile_AAA will be chosen randomly in single missions like planes are - however - and heres an example if you look in the waterbuffalos data ini you will see its defined as a tank

So on your next CAS mission you could get a load of water buffalo - well each to his own i suppose but you see the point im getting at - if you want objects to appear on the terrain or in custom single missions they need to be placed manually in the correct coords etc

There's a LOT of stuff in that list that are, or should ONLY be used as terrain objects.

ie: placed in the terrain folder, and added via types and targets ini edits. Meaning, things that are structures should not be in the GO folder, but terrain placed

Unless someone has ACTUALLY built a train that moves with it's cars attached.... they've alwasy been static

(yap maybe?? :dntknw: )

wrench

kevin stein