Sign in to follow this  
corey

Does the engine support normal maps?

If so, how would I go about extracting the in game planes textures. I would like to make normal maps for all the stock airplanes.

Question 2 what is best cloud/ sky mod for SFV2

And last but not least whats the most recommended best sound mods.

Thanks.

TK has a LOT of the templates available over at 3rd Wire. There are some 'homegrown', higher rez versions of some of the stock ones here as well.

For SUPER GYNORMUS ultra-rez templates for Phatnoms, you'll have to hit up Sundowner ... I'd venture a guess his templates are over a gig per map!!! Considering the skins are running 2048x2048. and the details...jeeeezz!!!!

I haven't tested any of the sky mods yet in SF2 ... WideSky is real good, as is Polack's old skymod (still using that in a lot of my SF/Wo* installs)

Sounds? :dntknw: I only have a very few, and most of those came with varying aircraft

wrench

kevin stein

Don't think the sim can do normal maps on aircraft, only ground and water. But you never know, it may be possible to add the

UseEffectShader=TRUE

EffectShaderName=XXXX.fx somewhere in the aircraft or data.ini, write a shader file and make a normal map for a plane.

IMO it's not worth the framerate hit even if such a scheme worked (or TK added support later) A plain 2048x2048 skin does all the detail you could ask for.

In this series, normal maps only work when used in conjunction with material shaders. AFAIK, there's presently no coding in the aircraftobject.ini (or in the environment and terrain engines) for material shaders, outside of effects.