Sign in to follow this  
KnightWolf45

Prop-Head Modding and 3d Discussion

Thanks again, Wrench.

Wrench

I asked Erik to set you up a Prop head forum so you and Sarge from Avhistory and the rest of you nuts can have a place for full blown testing and prop head speak.

(mr burns voice...) Exxxcccceeelllllent

thanks dave!!

wrench

kevin stein

Love the F6F, but does anyone else think it's roll rate is a bit lacking? Seems I get out-rolled even by Zeroes, which had notoriously poor roll rates.

Otherwise, I think the Hellcat is a sweet ride. Anybody know how to up the roll performance on that sucker?

Edited by gbnavy61

Love the F6F, but does anyone else think it's roll rate is a bit lacking? Seems I get out-rolled even by Zeroes, which had notoriously poor roll rates.

Otherwise, I think the Hellcat is a sweet ride. Anybody know how to up the roll performance on that sucker?

Steve flying the PoF A6M5 in Japan

I take you have Myhra's "CloseUp" book on the Ho-229? There are some of those flight chart graphs in it.

wrench

kevin stein

Actually it was notes from I think an AIAA conferance. Been a long time. Does Myhra's "CloseUp" book have good tech stuff?

BTW, can you edit the StallMoment=-0.50 stuff and make it a stickie in the new prophead forum?

Edited by Sarge714

Guys sorry for the lacck of progress and news this last days i had to devote some time to real life issues like helping my parents whit my father´s pension request i jut hope that the medical bord consideres the his illness his pension worthy i also had to take care of some personal stuff that needed to be done until tomorow but if all gos well im going to able to get a higher school degre , but by saturday im going to resume work at full speed.

now i will open wip tread for my indvidual projects can helo works go here to after all its all rotors right.

Daniel

Cocas

Where might I find the WWII USN pilot?

the helo´s thing wasjust a question Beast im not working on helos yet

i think the poland´s bliztkrieg tread should be move to here guys but i might be mistakened

see you guys tomorow

Cocas

here the pilot

What it is physically, I don't have a clue!!! :dntknw: The math is so far above me....

But whatever it is, is seems to really help out these Early Birds in the 08 and above patch levels.

In Wolf's Corsairs (and undoubtedly my mods for them, as I just reused his data ini), somewhere in EACH wing call out, there's this statememnt:

StallMoment=0.05

btw, there's 4 of them in the F4Us, in each of the Wing/OuterWing sections of the data ini. Changing it to read

StallMoment=-0.50

seems to do something!!!. My adivce is to add the new line, and comment out the old...like this

//StallMoment=0.05

StallMoment=-0.50 <----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------WHAT HERE?

that way, if it don't work, it's easy to restore.

Has anyone tested this fix at on 06 level install??? Just curious to see if it changes anything there as well

wrench

kevin stein

Hey Kevin,

in the aforementioned forum where they published this "fix" it said to change,

//StallMoment=0.05 to

StallMoment=-0.05 AND NOT -0.50

Have you found better result with -0.50 and not -0.05?

I tried -0.05 on the Bf-109E-3 and flies MUCH better.

Maybe soon I ll' have a working oct08 BOB install with the new embseries working.. JUICY!

Opps!!!

I haven't tested too many prop jobs in 08 levels with ONLY the 0.50 statement; both "modern" Horten wings (F-79C & Peregrine, P/F-51D-30, F-82 Twin Mustang) seem to respond VERY well. I guess I should test the F-47N, and D's that I have for post-war, and Pasko's Yaks (3, 9, 9U, 9RD) and Buny's La-11s and see what happens as well.

Like I said, I have NO understanding of the math behind it, so my typo seems to be doing something!! :dntknw:

wrench

kevin stein

This looks very interesting. I look forward to yall's work. Would like to see ya guys tackle some of the cold war props. Was a interesting time between jet and prop! Keep up the great work!