Sign in to follow this  
Axgrinder

CD or not CD

This question has probably been asked and answered before but here goes. Is there a way to Run OFF without having the CFS3 disk in the computer? The way we used to do it with RB3d so the disk wont wear out.

Edited by Axgrinder

red, know you are just trying to help, but its been asked that we dont post to that file....

Sorry about that. I will not post in the future. :sorry:

I'm quite lucky (though I didn't feel happy at first) to have one and a half copies of MS-CFS3. When I decided that I had read/seen enough about OFF to want to get it (correct that - NEED!) I knew I still had a working copy of MS-CFS3 on my hard drive, but that it had been readdressed onto another drive. I figured out that all I'd have to do is (possibly) re-install it to C drive. But this is on my "old" computer, and my "new" one is on order. I checked it out anywway, and was horrified to learn that I only had disc 1 of 2, the other one went MIA.

Determined to make OFF happen, I ordered a second copy of MS-CFS3 for $US10 from Amazon (though it cost me about $AUS65 with exchange rates and postage and handling. But now I can still run MS-CFS3 on my old computer and it works just fine with Disc 1 only (after the original installation of course), and I have a new copy to install to my new computer.

I understand that if you have a newer version of MS-CFS3 (the DVD version), you don't require the install disc to play (which will save on wear, 'cos I'm gonna play this incessantly, I just know). But if I do require the disc to play, I now have TWO, so if one wears out...I'm laughing.