Sign in to follow this  
BirdDogg

Okay Lomac I Apologize!

Well,

I was frustrated with this Sim for a minute or two, (FPS, General Performance, Lack of New-ness as compared to Flanker 2.5). However; l've managed to get it tweaked a little better.

I had an amazing Cap\Dogfight with a flight F-16s (my wing, flying the Mig-29S) last night over the mountain region, using short range missles and Guns. (Love the terrain masking feature!). What a blast!, my average skilled wingie wasn't much help, so I started using him as pop-up bait for some Nap of the Earth type bracket maneuvers :D , But an excellent CAP\DogFight none-the-less. (Oh the nugget AI survived BTW).

This was pretty exciting for mixed reasons; first, LOMAC actual suspended reality with no noticable stutter, for the first time (I felt, I was there :) ; second-ly, I'm more of an Iron Hand\Strike Mission kinda guy, but found myself totally engrossed with my flight and flight management. I think next I'll add some SAMs to the same senerio.

So, although LOMAC needs a patch, (like thats News :D ) and some additional aircraft would be nice, I see a good future for this one. Though I never bashed it, I still gotta eat alittle crow for shelving it earlier.

BirdDogg.

BirdDogg.

This is a brilliant game isn't it :)

I just hope they don't rush the patch, then we'll need another one! :(

you can hardly call it rushing;) ... but i hope they take the time they need as well.

But we will still need a second patch anyway... we know that and they know that

Of course, there will be LOADS of patches. Look at Forgotten Battles - loads of patches. It makes patching it up after a re-install a real B***ard, lol :P