Sign in to follow this  
Crab_02

F-104A Pakistani AF skin

New skin for the F-104A, w/generic serial as part of the skin. Would like to add Historical Serial #s decals for the final skin.  Need info on the search ranges for the AN/ASG-14T1 FCS radar, for an avionics mod, and would like to get rid of the center pylon/hard mounts (part of the 104G model file).

Also have 2 skins for the Shenyang J-6 (MiG-19 mod), also Pakistani AF, and another F-104A Taiwanese AF (more decal issues) will post shortly.

Thanks to Qfly for hosting these screenies. (SP mission w/new Deuces Euro terrain) 8)  

pak1041.jpg

pak1042.jpg

pak1043.jpg

pak1044.jpg

Great skin! Be sure t upload them here when you have 'em done. :D

Yessir! Dont forget Biohaz! :D

Arn't these still used in Pakistan?

According to my references, Pakistan was forced to retire all of their 104As around 1972, because of lack of parts :cry:

But they did have one of the better OR rates with the type (much more luck than other users) When I can figure out my Paint program, I will make a decal set for the 12 aircraft I have info on. (used in both of the India-Pakistan Conflicts/Wars '65 & '71, several A2A kills w/gun and AIM-9s)

Waiting for a Campaign....-21s, J-6s, B-57s, 104s, Mysteres, -86s, drool, drool........ hint hint

Thanks for the replies, and like Coyote stated in a recent post - it really does keep you going!!!!

heres some serial numbers:

Serials of the F-104A:

56-0730/0736 Lockheed F-104A-1-LO Starfighter

c/n 183-1018/1024

56-0737/0747 Lockheed F-104A-5-LO Starfighter

c/n 183-1025/1035

56-0748/0763 Lockheed F-104A-10-LO Starfighter

c/n 183-1036/1051

56-0764/0788 Lockheed F-104A-15-LO Starfighter

c/n 183-1052/1076

56-0789/0825 Lockheed F-104A-20-LO Starfighter

c/n 183-1077/1113

56-0826/0877 Lockheed F-104A-25-LO Starfighter

c/n 183-1114/1165

56-0878/0882 Lockheed F-104A-30-LO Starfighter

c/n 183-1166/1170

56-0939/0956 Cancelled contract for Lockheed RF-104A Starfighter

Specification of the F-104A:

Engine: One General Electric J79-GE-3A/3B turbojet, 9600 lb.s.t. dry and 14,800 lb.s.t. with afterburning. Performance: Maximum speed 1037 mph at 50,000 feet. Stalling speed 198 mph. Initial climb rate 60,395 feet per minute. Combat ceiling 55,200 feet. Service ceiling was 64,795 feet. Normal range 730 miles. Maximum range with external drop tanks 1400 miles. Fuel: Internal fuel capacity was 897 US gallons, and maximum fuel capacity with two wingtip tanks and two underwing tanks was 1627 US gallons. Dimensions: Wingspan 21 feet 9 inches, length 54 feet 8 inches, height 13 feet 5 inches, wing area 196.1 square feet. Weights: 13,184 pounds empty, 17,988 pounds combat, 22,614 pounds gross, 25,840 pounds maximum takeoff. Armament: Armament consisted of a single 20-mm M61A1 cannon in the fuselage with 725 rounds, plus a pair of wingtip-mounted AIM-9B Sidewinder infrared homing air-to-air missiles. Alternatively, these wingtip shoes could carry a 141.5 or a 166.5 Imp.gall. droptank

Sorry, but I'd have to question the 60,000+ fpm climb rate....WOW!!!

yes how do you change the helmet to white ?

I wanna do that too...of course variable helmet would be fine!

spacehogg

Are you the guy who made the plaid nose P-47D for ww2 fighters ?I think i still have the download but can't seem to find the site...

Hi Nosecone :D I had made a couple of skins and also modified a few skins for WWIIf back in the early days. But now I can not even come close to what these guys are doin :shock: Janes WWIIfighters is a great game with AWESOME new MODELS, FM's, TERRAIN, MISSIONS &the best Group of guys on the web. you IL2 er's know Hammerd. And Rammjager well he is the ultimate moder!! 8)

SpaceHogg, I've been playing WWII Fighters since it was released, and I have to say its only gotten better with time! Namely, cuz I now have a system that can run it properly :).

Just a quick update, added another skin to use in SP, and the wingmen will have different serial #s. Decals depict the 12 'A' models that were provided to the PAF under the US Mutual Defense Assistance Program from 1961 - 65.

P_804a.jpg

P_805.jpg

P_807.jpg

P_868.jpg

P_874.jpg

99% complete, should be ready for download soon.....

Whilst it is really good that there are so many people producing different skins for the a/c in Strike fighters I feel that sometimes attention to external detail is sometimes lacking a little.

The F104 in SFP1 is a G model. The F104A (and C) had a different tailfin, much shorter in chord. Pakistan never operated the G model as illustrated in this skin. You'll be O.K. modelling a Taiwanese a/c as they did operate the G model.

If the SFP1 people could be persuaded to unlock the original 3d models then it would be a fairly simple task to make the necessary mods to the airframes. We would then be able to model more accurately the F104A©, with the smaller fin, the F104S with the two additional rear fuselage strakes & extra underwing hardpoints, the Phantom FGR2 with RR Spey engines and fin top RWR, etc (How about RF4-C(E)

Slightly OT The Spanish Air Force had the best operating record with the F104 with not a single loss throughout the whole period of service.

Fantomfour

Fantomfour:

And roger. Since this was first posted I have stated that it IS indeed the stock 'G' model, as I stated the call for the centerline pylons to be removed (above in first post), and also 'shortening' of the rudder and horizontal tailplane has been pointed out.

Totally agree with you in that while we wait to 'new' aircraft to be added, several of the stock aircraft could be modded and offered up. (DanW had mentioned awhile back that the 'S' model 104 could be in the works...)

So, here is my 'short list' of aircraft I have done skins & decals for, just waiting fo the proper .LOD files to be done.

Droptanks for the MiGs!!!! -17, -19, -21.....

Shenyang J/F-6 - need extra set of missle pylon/rails (from -21) and

a brake chute pod for the J-6C

F-100 C, F

F-104 A, B, C, S

RF-4 B

F-4 J, N

as you stated most of these modds would be fairly easy to do.

Not having a proper 'A' model is why I have not released this skin for upload. I have a set of decals for Taiwanese 'A' and 'G' models 80% complete.

V/R

Crab_02