Sign in to follow this  
mibo

Window 7 with Falcon 4 AF and Sturmovik 1946

Hi everybody

Would like to know if Falcon Allied Forces is working with Window7 32 and 64 bits as well as Sturmobik 1946. :ok: Thanks for replies.

Hi everybody

Would like to know if Falcon Allied Forces is working with Window7 32 and 64 bits as well as Sturmobik 1946. :ok: Thanks for replies.

Dunno about Windows 7 but Falcon AF works with my Vista machine.

If they work with Vista then they will work on Win7. Only reason they might not is due to driver issues for Win7 and not the OS. Win7 is just updated version of Vista.

Dont know until someone plays it on the actual full version - even then it may not work with some graphics cards as before etc

Hi everybody

as far as i've tested with Windows 7 32-bit RC1 build 7100, everything works perfectly with Falcon 4.0 Allied Forces, not sure with sturmovik, but based on my test bed if it works on Vista (and should be XP too since what works on XP usually works on Vista) will work fine on Windows 7...

1946 runs fine on Se7en evaluation copy build 7100. But I haven't tested it much, just installed and did few missions and quick scenarios. Somewhere under all the mess I have disk with old Open Falcon version I could test, but I guess it differ from Allied Force release.

But generally I haven't yet experienced problems with sims in W7 so far, having it as my OS for four months now :ok:

If they work with Vista then they will work on Win7. Only reason they might not is due to driver issues for Win7 and not the OS. Win7 is just updated version of Vista.

You'd think that, but it's actually not the case. Falcon 4.0 Allied Force definitely doesn't work on Windows 7 64-bit, but I've heard from others that it worked fine under Vista 64-bit.

I'm hoping we'll get a new Falcon 4 Allied Force patch to fix the Windows 7 issues, now that it's been released. Until then, I guess I'll stick with XP.

Edited by Raptor007

I have Win7 64bit installed right now and both Il2 and F4.0-AF are installed on my PC and run fine.

I have it running fine on windows 7 64 bit. The only problem is now I have the FSAA bug with black loading and recon screens. I tried to make a BFops.cfg file and insert the force software GUI statement but it hasn't worked. Can anyone paste the correct steps to beat that problem? I have an ATI radeon 4870, 4g DDR3, AMD Phenom II 945.

Firstly - Make sure you have saved the file as bfops.cfg and not bfops.cfg.txt - because im sure that works for ATI cards also.

Install the game outside program files also

Falcon 4.0 Allied Force:

I loaded everything into the default location no issues whatsoever.

HOTAS: X45 Saitek

I used the latest 64bit drivers from Saitek with no issues after the recommended restart.

Before the restart the calibration test was only identifying a very small range of the stick, throttle, knobs, ect ranges.

System:

i7 @ 4.0Ghz

12 G Ram (X.M.P.)

ATI 4890 1G graphics card

Twin 1 TERA WD drives

Win7 Ultimate 64bit Full Retail Version

Hag

PS Are the issues coming up with the RC1 or the full retail version of Win7?

Thanks MigBuster, yeah I made it a .cfg.txt file instead of just a cfg by accident. Now loading out my A/C as I see fit. man this game is great on a fast multicore system with plenty of ram.

I played a night BAI in the Balkans the other night on ACE settings with 2 AGM-65D and 2 GBU-12 as my A-G stores. JSTARs vectored us off the preplanned waypoint to an infantry battalion. An active airfield with enemy MiG-21s just happened to lie directly in my new flight path, so I switched the A-G radar mode to snowplow, switched to the AAQ-14 and designated a parked MiG-21 on the ramp. My history with LGBs has been less than stellar as for some reason I can never get them to release unless I'm diving and under 3k feet.

This time I made the drop in a gentle dive from about angels 15 and watched the weapon system do its work,-weapon view showed a good drop and track so I went back to the cockpit to watch. The bomb hit dead on just as I passed directly overhead. LGB hits are so much more rewarding at night when the green screen is more dramatic because its the major light source. I continued and took out a few T-62s with Mavs and a moving APC with the remaining LGB-near miss but close enough to destroy it. My wingman had been assigned targets and was beginning his run in when a MiG-21 took off and went vertical as my wingie passed over-he put 2 AA-8s into him and he was gone before I could blink. I spent the next 5 minutes using 3 AIM-120s in maddog and my single AIM-9M to destroy the shooter and his squadmates as they took off.

Landing was uneventful, it was a great mission that got my blood flowing, just bad I RTB'd solo.

Thanks again for the help.

With F4-AF and vista/win7, I recommend you install to root dir (C:\) or C:\games , don't install under C:\Programs\xxxx ,,,, .

Also check that graphic mode is set to D3d HAL , not T&L one .

Ed_1

Edited by Ed_1

Hi Ed - dont suppose LP are letting loose a Win 7 Patch for AF? :drinks:

Edited by MigBuster