Sign in to follow this  
Hauksbee

How long can the weather stay crummy...in QC?

Yesterday [sunday] I flew about six times in QC...as always...so far. And twice so far today. In every case, the weather has been solid cloud and rain. Absolutely vile. Visibility zero...until I point the nose at the ground, and then, at about 5000', it finally clears enough to see which way is up. The thing that's odd is that the weather won't change even if I change the season. I would think that a leap of three months, would give me new cloud conditions. When the same thing happened this morning, I began to wonder. Is this normal for QC?

So does this mean that 'protracted-bad-weather-in-QC-despite-changes-in-season" is normal...or not?

Edited by Hauksbee

Think you should ask a soggy Brit, how long can this schitt go on ?

Sounds like the installation is Porked...

I think I know what the Brits would say. Installation gone hinky? Possibly. I did a fresh re-install about two weeks ago with both CFS3 and OFF. But I was still getting problems with the 'Processing...' error message and the blue dial when I tried to get to an on-line game. The error message seems to have gone away, thanks to the good offices of Sitting Duck and Axegrinder. I'll try again.

Howe're; perhaps the question should be...While I know that QC reflects the progression of the seasons, am I flying in the same weather I would encounter if I were out in a campaign over Bertincourt? If so, then I can understand an extended bad patch. I've just never seen so much of it, and changing the season doesn't help.

So does this mean that 'protracted-bad-weather-in-QC-despite-changes-in-season" is normal...or not?

No - it seems to be a thing about the dynamic weather beloved of campaign players that the weather is a lot of rain.

If you remember the videos of phase 3 when it was near to release, they nearly all had rain!

Just use the CFS3 QC in workshops as described above- You can choose your weather, including the historical weather you are now experiencing.

Which brings me to a query. Although the history and weather has been researched, and no doubt the weather was like it is portrayed on the day in question, I cannot see how any sensible pilot/squadron commander would have flown in some of this weather. Do the records show that the WWl pilots actually flew in this stuff? :biggrin:

Depends on your workshop settings.... what are they?

WM

Depends on your workshop settings...

Here's what they be. I don't recall changing anything after the last install.

There's your problem, I think. Switch from Historical to AI Weather Gen. Otherwise, your QC missions are tied to the date of your campaign. Or, as suggested above, click on CFS3 QC instead of Quick Missions.

There's your problem, I think. Switch from Historical to AI Weather Gen. Otherwise, your QC missions are tied to the date of your campaign. Or, as suggested above, click on CFS3 QC instead of Quick Missions.

Quite correct.

Hauksbee you are in historical weather mode and the weather is set up as it was on the day way back when....switch to AI weather Gen.

Also you can increase the days between fronts(bad weather) and shorten the duration of the fronts(bad weather) when in AI weather gen mode, in the configuration panel, and pressing the Reset button will start you out with clear skies.

Effectively you have the full range of weather control options at your fingertips...

As for the comments above re P3.... ignore them Pol just loves overcast weather in his screenies.

HTH

WM

Have you tried changing the season in QC, that may do the trick for you.

Beard

Have you tried changing the season in QC, that may do the trick for you.

Yes. Repeatedly. And nothing happened. I was still getting total white-out clouds all the way down to 5000 ft. That's what got me to thinking that something was wrong. I'd never seen so much bad weather in one place before.

Yesterday [sunday] I flew about six times in QC...as always...so far. And twice so far today. In every case, the weather has been solid cloud and rain. Absolutely vile. Visibility zero...until I point the nose at the ground, and then, at about 5000', it finally clears enough to see which way is up. The thing that's odd is that the weather won't change even if I change the season. I would think that a leap of three months, would give me new cloud conditions. When the same thing happened this morning, I began to wonder. Is this normal for QC?

In Denver Colorado, we seem to have had several tornadoes a day for several weeks. We usually get only one a year at the most. Now, we are getting up to six a day! It's getting exciting!