Sign in to follow this  
Rambler 1-1

Car (company) Sales

Well, I was suprised last year when Harley-Davidson bought MV Agusta, but some more recent changes in management make that motorcycle merger seem downright trivial.

Fiat bought Chrysler a couple of weeks ago, so my dad's new Jeep Patriot (Or Patriote. We live in Canada, you know.) is now theroretically a stretched, jacked-up Panda. Fix It Again Tomorrow, right?

LINK

Then today i heard about Koenigsegg, builders (read: crafters) of the CCR, CCX and CCX-R, buying Saab. This should be interesting. Saab is going back to it's roots as a proper swedish car maker, not a satelite stooge of Chevy and friends. I'm looking forward to an original design for the next generation of Saabs, and I want to see how the tiny company that is Koenigsegg deals with suddenly having a proper automobile line.

LINK AGAIN

Now I just hope that Pugeot doesn't get any ideas about Ford...

Now I just hope that Pugeot doesn't get any ideas about Ford...

Why not?

Ford will only benefit from this. :biggrin:

Then today i heard about Koenigsegg, builders (read: crafters) of the CCR, CCX and CCX-R, buying Saab. This should be interesting. Saab is going back to it's roots as a proper swedish car maker, not a satelite stooge of Chevy and friends. I'm looking forward to an original design for the next generation of Saabs, and I want to see how the tiny company that is Koenigsegg deals with suddenly having a proper automobile line.

LINK AGAIN

Hope they will built some sort of "retro" SAAB 96 (like what VW did with the Beetle and FIAT with the Cinquecento).

Extremely original and advanced car, well streamlined with all sorts of influences from aviation, Rallye Monte Carlo winner, very safe with formidable roadholding qualities. Nice and very smooth two stroke engine. Still used nowadays for oldtimer rallies :see or under "SAAB two stroke singing"

Owned two of them back in the seventies, my first cars.... :yes: :yes:

Hou doe,

Derk :wink:

Edited by Derk

Next thing we know Koenigsegg will be building fighter Jets!!!

The new Koenigsegg Grippen...