Sign in to follow this  
JoeF

problems running F-102,F-111F and FB-111A in WOV

Hi;

I recently downloaded the F-102A from combatace and the F-111F and FB-111A from column5 for WOV and I think their great! However, since about a week ago, I have not been able to run them consistently. After I select the aircraft and the loadout I want, I select the "Fly!" button. The loading screen comes up and the progress bar shows the %program loaded. A few seconds after the progress bar reaches 100%, the screen goes blank and my machine crashes / restarts. Every once and awhile, especially if I try to run them right after my system comes up after being turned on. they will run OK (sometimes). All of my other aircraft (original and add-on) are OK. Any ideas?

thanks;

Joe F.

WOV was rock solid for me if you are running the latest version - so its basically a mod you have stuck in - maybe its in the wrong folder - or you have missed part of the mod, or are using an old ini file that you have stuck in a folder that is overiding the games newer one.

It depends how many things you have stuck in the game - try taking out anything youve put in the last week - and if you dont have many mods back up the entire game, then reinstall WOV and start again - just be careful when you add things in again.

What are the specs on your computer?

FC

Win XP Home Edition 2002 service pack 2

2.4 ghz Celeron CPU

2.5 GB RAM

JF

I was thinking the same thing...the video card might be the culprit.

FC

Or maybe the flightengine.ini needs to be tweaked. Had the same problem when the Gripen came out. had it installed on a fresh install in which I forgot to do the tweak.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=12148

Edited by hgbn

Or maybe the flightengine.ini needs to be tweaked. Had the same problem when the Gripen came out. had it installed on a fresh install in which I forgot to do the tweak.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=12148

Hi;

Excuse the dumb question, but after the the file has been extracted and tweaked, how do you put it back to where it was extracted?

JoeF

You dont put it back - just put it in the "flight" folder

The game will use that instead of the in game one

When you extracted it all you did was make a copy the game still has the original file if that makes sense