Sign in to follow this  
Jarhead0331

Odd graphics glitch...

I am having an odd graphics glitch that I can't seem to nip in the bud. I was going to post this in the help forum, but when searching to see if a similar topic had been posted, I read somewhere that its better to post tech issues in here...

Anyway, the problem is difficult to describe, but it looks like a studder or shake. When I'm flying straight or level, it sometimes stops, but as soon as my aspect changes at all, it will start again. Note, it is NOT an fps issue. Its definitely a problem related to graphics.

I've tried running in 800x600, 1024x768 and 1280x1024 and the same problem exists in each resolution. All details are on 4.

I'm running on my XP machine, PentiumD 3.00GHz with 2GBram and a Nvidia GeForce 8800GT.

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Again, I've searched for similar topics, as well as running through the faqs...please help, as this issue is really preventing me from getting into or enjoying the game.

Semper Fi

Edited by Jarhead0331

How long does this stutter or glitch last? If it's just for a millisecond, try setting your frames to a locked value of 30 or whatever works best for your system.

I can offer NO Easy { cheap ) solution. In order for a Single Core CPU to successfully run OFF, it Must be in Top notch shape

Invest in a can of Compressed Air, or 2. Clean out your CPU Fan & Heatsink, and the Fan on the Video Card itself

Is that a PCI-E 1 Mobo, because that's sure a PCI-E 2 card

That is interesting...being that CFS3 is so old, I didn't think OFF would require much more juice. I do have a quad-core system, but it has vista-64 on it and I assumed OFF would run better on XP. If OFF will run well on vista-64, I'll just reinstall on my newer system.

So, will OFF run well on a vista-64 system?

That is interesting...being that CFS3 is so old, I didn't think OFF would require much more juice. I do have a quad-core system, but it has vista-64 on it and I assumed OFF would run better on XP. If OFF will run well on vista-64, I'll just reinstall on my newer system.

Works great for me on Vista 64 PHE, but I have 8GB of memory and Quad Core CPU also.

It certainly will. I have a system built from components. I do 3D modeling and some animation. I asked my tech. guys to design an optimum system. They went to NewEgg and assembled a wish list that included Vista 64 and 8 Gb RAM. Shortly after it got set up, OFF announced BH&H. OFF plays beautifully. It never stuttered unless I was doing full-frame FRAPS captures. As soon as I dropped the frame size, it smoothed out. This weekend, after discovering how to change cloud and scenery resolution, I jacked them up a few notches, and OFF has not noticed.

going to assume you mean everything on the screen shutters,,,not just the terrain,,,

not sure if this might be microstuttering...but, as long as i found this page,,will post the link to it.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/18665-13...al-texture-size have to read down a bit, before you find anything that might be applicable..

Might be helpfull if you posted your settings in your nvidia control panel..

and the resolutions your posting,,you set those in cfs3config, and not just in desktop properties?

Don't forget the quirk about CFS3 and thus OFF.

The higher the resolution, the BETTER it runs.

( Normally the rule is opposite !)

So, if your monitor and card etc will support say 1600x etc then run the game at those settings.