Sign in to follow this  
mppd

Post Oct 08 WOV vs. SF2-E

I see that the world is moving towards SF2-V/E etc. (And I own SF2-V myself). Just curios though, has there been any progress making the post October 08 patched version of WOV compatible with the prop flight models? Or is this a completely dead issue now with the start of the release of the other new Vista-compatible sims?

Mike D.

The Oct 08 patch and SF2 from what I understand use the same flight model, and so have the same issues with props. A temporary fix was found in the AvHistory discussion. It's pretty simple actually, I applied it to the AT-6B and it works nicely now.

FC

Thanks FC - I'll try to dig it up. I was under the impression that the SF2-V prop model was somehow handled differently by the game engine. Thanks for setting me straight.

Mike

FC did you mean the Stall Moment change or is there something more esoteric that I'm missing??

Thanks

Yes, please! Enlighten me!!! (more confused than usual!)

wrench

kevin stein

Not about flight models but SF2E has enhanced RWR and plane wrecks.

The first one is not relevant to WW2 though.

Edited by jomni

Far as I know, it was just the StallMoment tweak...made the AT-6B quite flyable in SF2...before it would get 'stuck' post stall.

FC

Far as I know, it was just the StallMoment tweak...made the AT-6B quite flyable in SF2...before it would get 'stuck' post stall.

FC

Yeah that works with most of the WWII aircraft.

I am running a WWII install in WOE Oct 08 and with that little tweak to the FM you can have a pretty decent WWII game.