Sign in to follow this  
Test Pilot

TrackIR

That's all I have to say other than it has made this sim even more fun now!

Remember to put the hotkeys for "re-center" and "precision" on your stick.

And to press "precision" once again after shooting, so you can look around

fast again.

That's all I have to say other than it has made this sim even more fun now!

Does it ever make you dizzy? I can play flight sims, but FPS's...I'm ready to fall over in about 2 minutes. I'm intrigued by TrackIR, but worry I'll get dizzy. It's not easy being a DIMS (Doom induced motion sickness) sufferer.

Does it ever make you dizzy? I can play flight sims, but FPS's...I'm ready to fall over in about 2 minutes. I'm intrigued by TrackIR, but worry I'll get dizzy. It's not easy being a DIMS (Doom induced motion sickness) sufferer.

That would suck, I feel for you. I love FPS's. I know a lot of peeps wanna hurl or get headaches after a while.

I, too, suffer from motion sickness...most particularly airsickness. Interesting, considering I was in special forces in the USAF (static line airborne and HALO qualified) and I used to skydive. The ride up was often hell, but as soon as the door opened and I started focussing on the jump everything was fine. And the payoff more than made up for the misery.

As far as Track IR inducing motion sickness, it took me a little getting used to at the start, and then it was ok. The very few times it's affected me that way since it's turned out I was already feeling poorly with the flu or some other malady. For the most part I've had no problem at all (again, after that initial stage). Of course, that's not to say that you may be more sensitive to it than I. Just don't give up on it too quickly. IMO, it's worth the effort.