Sign in to follow this  
Spiff

WWII planes in WOV 08

Hello All,

I've just added planes and added entries to the nations list. With the stallmoment=-0.50 fix they fly pretty well. My problem is when I fly U.S. birds I immediately get the mission complete call and no enemies in game; not so in reverse, the mustangs are there to pounce. Can't figure out why?

Hello All,

I've just added planes and added entries to the nations list. With the stallmoment=-0.50 fix they fly pretty well. My problem is when I fly U.S. birds I immediately get the mission complete call and no enemies in game; not so in reverse, the mustangs are there to pounce. Can't figure out why?

Is your Nations.INI updated to include Nazi Germany or Japanese Empire? Thats the only thing i can think of offhand. If you don't have an updated Nations.INI you can find it in several of the addon campaigns. I think the Battle of Britain Campaign has one included.

Yes I did thanks. I thought maybe it was something with the USAF entry in the nations list but I get the same results for USN fighters so I dunno.

There's an updated one floating around loose here someplace....it's fully up-to-date as of 12/08; with several 'new' nations. Vichy France, AVG, etc.

You SHOULD have in whichever one you've got, at least Nazi Germany, Imperial Japan, WWII Italy, WWII Soviet, WWII China. BTW, a quickie fix is change the DisplayName= for USAF to United States Army Air Force. Just looks more correct in the WW2 setting.

Also, even though this shouldn't make a difference, the 'correct' terrain for the time frame. And proper groundobjects.?

WoV is probably the WORST choice for WW2 simming out the whole 3W series; it's 'mission statement' dlls don't have the correct names or even types. It's the least flexible.

WoE is the best one, as it supports carriers, and has all the 'correct' mission statments (CAP, FighterSweep, Armed Recon, SEAD, Strike, Recon, Anti-Ship, etc) as opposed to the funky way WoV does it. Seems to be limiting Enemy actions as well for some reason.

wrench

kevin stein