Hi all, I have a prob with my Su-33UB project wich is on halt since 2 month I have a bug in the wings, when I delete them the bird works good. But when the wings still are on the plane the game crash. I need a experienced 3D modeler who can help me sorting this issue out of my model.

Who would volunteer and help me with this?

so far best regards

Martin

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

Martin (!)

Try to contact krizis (!)

He is very ball boy (!).

And now at the Forum ...

Edited by Epizikl

This is going to sound very simple, but is it anything to do with the polycount being pushed over the limit?

If you have a solution pls tell me I don`t think it has to do with the poly count, I`m only limited with time so if some could take a look on the wings?! FC told me a while back about a bugfix procedure but I realy have no time. As you can see this is the pic like 2 month ago..

This is going to sound very simple, but is it anything to do with the polycount being pushed over the limit?

that was my idea also...... I also ran into this problem when i made a landing gear with too many sections and used attach to hold them togther

Edited by Veltro2k

Mh maybe you are right, but the wings consits of 8 or 9 parts each + pylons??? this can`t be to much. The probs appeared as I worked on the right wing and mirrored it to the left side, all parts were renamed and relinked. but still no succes?!

But what abozt when there are to many objects connected t the fuselage?

Hi all, I have a prob with my Su-33UB project wich is on halt since 2 month I have a bug in the wings, when I delete them the bird works good. But when the wings still are on the plane the game crash. I need a experienced 3D modeler who can help me sorting this issue out of my model.

Who would volunteer and help me with this?

so far best regards

Martin

switch start view {in game options} form Cockpit to External & try again.

Edited by lindr2

I think lindr2 is on to something...is the CTD happening at mission start on the ground or air?

Things I have found to cause such problems are..

no min max \collision points...

incorrect sizes...

parts not linked in proper order from ground up with landing gears...

when copying a mesh and mirroring it....before you move it to corerect position...clone\copy the part..as a seperate mesh...unlink it then move to other side...(not doing this can reverse animations or cause oddities)

is \ are the meshes the actual size being reported in max...do you need to Reset Xform them?

just a few things I have found to cause same problem..

Edited by russouk2004

The CTD is on mission loading, now I tried it and the deleting wing stuff doesn`t work anymore. I think it has something to do with the maximum amount of parts linked to another one. I will investigate it when I find some free time

Thx guys for the answers, cause of no time I have passed the model to aleducat for crosschecking, will start working on it after 3 weeks...

control the hierarchy!!!!have a look at su 27 inis.!!!!!!

also, make sure that u have a wing connector between the fixed and the movable part of the wing, in order to animate it for the parked effect.don't animate the external wings and elevators in closed position

I linked the outerwing with the inner wing, animation works fine until I started to create the detailed flaps... I mirrored the right to the left and relink it, but it doesn`t work anymore. very confusing