Sign in to follow this  
LYK

Super Mystre cockpit - All white, no texture

Hello all.

I've recently downloaded and installed ordway/CA_Stary's Super Mystre cockpit into WOI. The result is in the attached screen shot.

I have the F-100 cockpit LOD file. What am I missing?

Thanks for your help!

post-49900-1246612058_thumb.jpg

post-49900-1246612068_thumb.jpg

Edited by LYK

Don't know I have the same problem and couldn't resolve it. It's as if the SF2 engine refuses to "read" old TK lods and uses only the new ones that were completely re-mapped.

I'm very interested in the solution too...

Here's my guess, not having tried doing this yet. The Gen 2 engine may be thinking the old cockpit LOD file is the new cockpit LOD file because there is one in the new Gen 2 sims already (ie F-100 COCKPIT.LOD may actually exist already). Anyway, the sim engine then assumes the old LOD is the new one, tries to read the bitmap information, can't, and you get what you see.

Try renaming the old cockpit LOD and see what happens.

FC

I did, renamed it into SMsyPit.LOD and still no go :(

This is in gen 1, (WOI)

Are the LOD and texture files in the 'cockpit' folder. I can't tell from that tiny file picture but you might have placed them in the main folder? What are the versions you have? can you extract the F-100 pit LOD and textures again?

IIRC, Ordway included all the necessary bmps/tgas in his package. So, like was said above, double check the /cockpit folder BTW, if you renamed the cockpit lod, you'll have to change the pointer in the cockpit ini as well to match.

Those ARE on my list to update/test for NextGen, just like the early MiG pits* I re-released. Just ain't gotten around to it yet!

*which work 100% perfectly in SF2 with the 08 level A-4B_cockpit.lod IN the cockpit folder. Remember HOW the game engine works ... it looks in folders FIRST, then pulls what needed from the various cat files. If it's got something in a folder, it don't care about the rest

wrench

kevin stein

Uarrrrgh as unbeliavble as it may sound both me and LYK probably made the same mistake - I used an ancient F-100D cockpit lod and the textures simply didn't fit...I checked it with hex editor.

Anyway I just extracted the last pre-SF2 F-100 pit and it works perfectly without even re-naming lol

I guess this will be a stain on my modding career lol

for 50 bucks I'll forget I ever saw this thread.... :rofl: (or Euro equivilent)

wrench

kevin stein

for 50 bucks I'll forget I ever saw this thread.... :rofl: (or Euro equivilent)

wrench

kevin stein

Croatia doesn't have Euro currently, they have the Croatian kuna -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croatian_kuna

By the way, I remember a nice joke: "Was is the exchange rate of Dollar, Pound and Złoty? -> 1 Dollar is equivalent to one Pound of Złotys"...

Greets, Uhu

The new games use different texture names I think, perhaps even different mapping

Nobody refuses Euros xD

Brain32, where in Croatia are you from?

Zagreb

I'll be landing in Zagreb in about a month on my way to Rijeka.......three weeks on the beech :good: I cant wait!

Croatia doesn't have Euro currently, they have the Croatian kuna -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croatian_kuna

By the way, I remember a nice joke: "Was is the exchange rate of Dollar, Pound and Złoty? -> 1 Dollar is equivalent to one Pound of Złotys"...

Greets, Uhu

BTW 1$ US = 5.2 Kuna so if you have a pound of Kunas especially the paper ones and don't know what to do with it - send it over here ;)

Thank you all for your help!

I'll be happy to pay Wrench's blackmail for you, I've actually got a few spare zloties laying around the house =)

... or some Zimbabwean dollars if you prefer...

Zimbabwe-currency.jpg

Edited by LYK

:rofl:

worth about, what? 19 cents American???!! I"ll take it!!! I'm too broke to say no to anything!!! :wink:

wrench

kevin stein

Yeah I feel your pain, but I'm now officially booked for full-time July with some indication I may fully join the employed side in September - fingers crossed...