Sign in to follow this  
Falcon161

Strange aircraft sightings

likely a KC-10 or KC-135 with drogue on a refueling exercise with the F-14's.

yes thats most probable, I think the hi altitude and the bad vinoculars made me think it was camo, but since it was 4 engine it has to be a KC-135

Which version of the F-5? Single or 2 seater?

FC

It was a little far away, but I think it was a 2-seater.

Could have been this...especially if it was the weekend:

gallery_12105_63_852995.jpg

FC

Seen some really cool stuff in some interesting places, but nothing really "out of the ordinary" and nothing I have any pictures of.

I was recently out my back garden when I heard a chopper flying overhead. I tried to spot it but after around 5 mins of searching I saw nothing so I assumed it had flown over my house and I couldnt see it. I then spotted it and couldnt believe my eyes. Now im not much of a chopper guru but what I saw resembled an Mi-35! It was quite far away but Im pretty sure it was one because as far as i know there are no choppers that look like it in the british forces?

Question I have is if I am incorrect then what other chopper could it be? Are there any gunships in service that look like the Mi-35? Unfortunately I didnt get a pic as (like i said earlier) I was in my garden at the time. Could anyone shed any light on this? I live not far from a air to ground training range so maybe a coalition chopper was doing some training or something?

Cheers

Mike