Sign in to follow this  
Vasco

'Winston's Early Birds' session on Sunday 05 Jul 09

Gentlemen,

My apologies for the lack of 'Hollywood' editing, but I thought you'd be interested to see what a small group of us get up to on Sundays. The following two clips are from a mission flown last Sunday by pilots of 29 Squadron and 21 Squadron RFC during the opening days of 'Bloody April'. The RFC were outnumbered, outgunned but certainly not outclassed! :pilot:

The Cast:

29 Sqn RFC (Nieuport 17)

A Flight - Von Baur (Leader), Vasco, Dudley + 3 AI

B Flight - Burning Beard (Leader), FRO, Winston DoRight + 3 AI

21 Squadron RFC (RE8)

A Flight - Stumpjumper (Leader) + 2 AI)

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

This is my first attempt at messing around with videos of any description - I promise I'll get better!

Vasco :pilotfly:

Edited by Vasco

great vids....4 planes huh,,,,,,,,???

Yep, but did you spot the noob mistake of forgetting to adjust the mixture setting when I dived after the first one? I though I was toast at that point, never mind when tracer streaked past my cockpit when the Albatross I disengaged from to assist that Nieuport got on my tail.

I was bricking it big time!

Edited by Vasco

Looks like a mess of fun. And what sliders do you run at vasco? looks great, and runs even better even with fraps up. very nice sir!

S!

...... did you spot the noob mistake of forgetting to adjust the mixture setting when I dived after the first one........

and I thought only I did that! Nice work on the videos. :clapping:

And what sliders do you run at vasco? looks great, and runs even better even with fraps up. very nice sir!

S!

Macklroy,

Everything's set to 5 except terrain and scenery which are set to 4. In Overrides, High Resolution Z-Buffer and Terrain Texture Detail are the only visual-enhancing items checked. In my video card control panel I've also overridden Anisotropic Filtering and Antialiasing for CFS3.exe and CFS3MP.exe and set them both to 8X.

Edited by Vasco

Macklroy,

Everything's set to 5 except terrain and scenery which are set to 4. In Overrides, High Resolution Z-Buffer and Terrain Texture Detail are the only visual-enhancing items checked. In my video card control panel I've also overridden Anisotropic Filtering and Antialiasing for CFS3.exe and CFS3MP.exe and set them both to 8X.

Great work on the videos Vasco!

About how long total (real time) was that mission everyone flew?

The explosions of the planes you shot down were great! I dont get those...I only ever see a pufft of smoke/dirt. Is that a mod, or a graphic setting in cfs3?

Edited by Broadside uda Barn

Broadside,

The missions are full-length campaign mission - we can be in the air for around an hour at a time. Multiplayer campaign missions are exactly that - a single-player campaign with human wingmen. Come along to Winston's on Sunday and find out! :good:

The explosions were the stock 'Hollywood' ones before the most recent patch - now they're more realistic.

Regards,

Edited by Vasco