Sign in to follow this  
DerMo

Jagdgeschwader 1 Meeting

Hello everyone.Below you see members of Jagdgeschwader 1 on a meeting in 1933 (in Munich, i think).It´s taken from the book ´Der Rote Baron´ by Joachim Kastan (publisher Klett-Kotta). I tried to in identify the names of the persons seen here but got stuck.

post-46021-1248001513_thumb.jpg

My suggestions are:

1.(?)

2.Obltn.v.Doering

3.Lt.Schulte-Frohlinde

4.(?)

5.Obltn.v.Wedel

6.Lt.Just(?)/ObstLtn.Bodenschatz(?)

7.(?)

8.Lt.Groos

9.(?)

10.(?)

11.(?)

12.Obltn.v.Boenigk

13.Goering

14.(?)

15.Udet

16.Lt.Wenzel

17.Lt.Maushake

18.Vzfw.Niemz(?)

19.Lt.Janzen(?)

20.Lt.v.Raffey(?)

21.(?)

22.(?)

23.Lt.v.d.Osten(?)

24.(?)

25.(?)

26.(?)

27.Lt.Tuexen(?)

28.Lt.v.Schoenebeck

29.(?)

30.Lt.Laumann

31.(?)

32.Offz.Stellv.Aue(?)

33.Lt.Kueppers(?)

34.(?)

35(?)

As we have many experts here on the forum i would be really glad if you could help me a bit.As you see i´m not sure of some of the names so feel free to leave a comment or suggestion but please only topic related :yes: .

Greetings and Horrido,Der Mo.

DerMo,

There are many very learned experts here who may be able to supply one or more names from your great photo. Sorry I can't help you out except for advice.

Have you tried at "The Aerodrome" Forum? Those guys are also expert at all things related to WW1 aviation. You'll get some action there too, I'm sure.

Edited by Check Six

I find it remarkable, that Udet appeared in civil dress, while Göring came in uniform.

No. 4 reminds me of Franz Ray- don't know, if he was in JG 1? He was in Jasta 1 for sure.

Udet prefered civil dress.Even at the ceremony for Richthofens 15.anniversary of his death Udet showed up in civil so the following day Bruno Loerzer kindly urged him to wear uniform more often.Udet had just entered the NSDAP in the year this photo was taken.Meanwhile he was flying crazy comedy-aerobatics at the Tempelhof as Professor Canaros and went to the States.

Ps:Franz Ray never was in JG1,but thanks Olham,Greetings

Hmm..maybe the Aeorodrom is a better place for this.I have to admit the picture is quite low quality what makes it difficult to identify any of the guys.But its a really rare pic so here we go.I think the Richthofen veterans called themself ´Die Eisgrauen´(IceGrey) and they came together every year till the mid 1960´s.Does anybody know something about that?Greetings

Great pic! unfortuneatly i have very little knowlege of wwi aviators and thier mugs. But it is great to see pics like this of real history!

DerMo, try the Aerodrome - lots of 'historians' there, and collectors of pics.