Sign in to follow this  
Fliegenhund

Field transfer mission repeating itself

Hello gents, I am having an odd problem. I made a new pilot with the RFC (last pilot was cleaned up with a shovel), the first mission was a transfer of the squad to a new airfield. I flew it the first time fine, got the mission success message, landed and ended. The second mission was the same exact thing, did it over again the same. Just went to fly mission number 3 and ANOTHER transfer to St. Lovie.

Is this a bug or what?

Have you tried to click "advance time" in briefing? Try that, and advance it so often, until the day changes.

That should help.

I've had the same problem 2 times

Fix is as Olham said, hit "Advance Time" but you only need do this 1 time

Not sure, but may need to select Manual Time Advance in Workshop for this control to be active

HTH,

Yeah I think that one's technically a bug, but maybe they have more than a few craft to transfer and not enough fit pilots so sent you back for the rest :)

Thanks for the prompt replies guys, that did the trick. Was starting to wonder if they didnt see me as fit to be a fighter pilot! S!

Hey, Fliegenhund, haven't got you in the OFF Pilots Planet maps yet, I think?

Would you like to be in there? Then give me your hometown and country/state.

By the way: if you meant "Flying Dog" in your avatar, it should be "Fliegender Hund".

Now the meaning is "Dog of Flies".

I had a field transfer mission, got to the new aerodrome and there were enemies near. I stayed up with my squadron for quite some time, hoping the opposition would attack as they had a several thousand foot height advantage. Unfortunately they didn't so I landed. Once I was on the ground, then they swooped down and started attacking my squadron (incredible AI, I like to think it wasn't coincidence). I started up my SE5a and got back up into the fight and shot down three craft. It was just about the best mission I've ever had, almost like it was scripted. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to claim the kills, the claim sheet never came up. I now understand that once you've landed, the mission is over apparently. Then the mission repeated itself anyway and I had to advance to next day to get out of the loop so it didn't matter I suppose. It was great fun however.

Yeah I think that one's technically a bug, but maybe they have more than a few craft to transfer and not enough fit pilots so sent you back for the rest :)

It seems to happen (or has happened to me) if you don't precisely hit the waypoints. First time it happened I flew it again, the hard way. Second time, I warped it and it was fine. Don't know if that's of any help.

badgerboy - such totally unexpected scenario sure is great! Hope the devs build more of that into the next OFF version.

Widowmaker had an experience like that. He had just climbed into his cockpit, started engine, when a single Albatros

from Jasta 12 zoomed over his field, destroying some of his craft, and zooming off again.

And I had a patrol flight, which felt uncomfortable, as we had to cross the lines (and then you don't get enemy warnings

by the Flak puffs), and the big white blinding sun stood high left of me. Again and again I checked there to prevent an

attack out of the sun. And that saved me, when suddenly a SPAD was there - from one blink to the other - already so

large, and firing! I was prepared and pushed stick forward; so I only got minor damage.

Such 'events' make it even richer - you never know, what will happen next.

Edited by Olham

Hi Guys,

I will look into this issue - was not aware that it sometimes got stuck in a loop.

BTW no scripting in OFF at all :no: .

Ta

WM

I had a field transfer mission, got to the new aerodrome and there were enemies near. I stayed up with my squadron for quite some time, hoping the opposition would attack as they had a several thousand foot height advantage. Unfortunately they didn't so I landed. Once I was on the ground, then they swooped down and started attacking my squadron (incredible AI, I like to think it wasn't coincidence). I started up my SE5a and got back up into the fight and shot down three craft. It was just about the best mission I've ever had, almost like it was scripted. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to claim the kills, the claim sheet never came up. I now understand that once you've landed, the mission is over apparently. Then the mission repeated itself anyway and I had to advance to next day to get out of the loop so it didn't matter I suppose. It was great fun however.

badgerboy, that sounds like a great mission and pretty realistic too

Once you hit your last waypoint, lining up for the landing, there's a "Goals Completed" message that shows

Any action after that doesn't get credited

Sometimes if your lose all your wingmen, the GC message will pop up and scoring stops here too

Duce- can't remember if I got any messages about the mission ending, it's possible but I was too busy to read anything :biggrin: .

Olham- You must not have been flying a Pfalz- or else you would have been in big trouble. :yes:

But this game is incredible. It seems like everytime you go up something new happens. I can't wait for Phase 4, as I feel once the awards/promotions are sorted out that this is going to be the best flight sim ever (very close now).

I went from a sergeant to Major in less than a month! In the real RAF I went from apprentice to corporal in five years :rolleyes:

Duce- can't remember if I got any messages about the mission ending, it's possible but I was too busy to read anything :biggrin: .

badgerboy, it pops up as massage (purple I think) top center

If you have messages turned off, you won't see it

badgerboy, it pops up as massage (purple I think) top center

If you have messages turned off, you won't see it

I keep the messages on, Duce. I think I just missed that one.