Sign in to follow this  
Fubar512

SF2E A-10 series .ini tweaks

SF2E A-10 series .ini tweaks

Firstly: This file does not contain an aircraft. Rather it's a tweak made to the existing Third Wire A-10A and A-10A_78, both of which are part of the default planeset that ships with Strike Fighters 2 Europe. I've uploaded it here, because there wasn't a subsection set up specifically for aircraft .ini tweaks :biggrin: Anyway......

SF2E A-10 Tweaks

by Fubar512

Installation: Simply drop the aircraft data files into their matching-named folders.

In Windows XP, the folder path would be:

My Documents/ThirdWire/StrikeFighters2x/Objects/Aircraft.

In Windows Vista or Windows 7, the path is:

Documents/<User Name>/Saved Games/ThirdWire/StrikeFighters2x/Objects/Aircraft.

Now that you have some idea as to SF2's file path, you can go onto the next step.....and that's to drop the included A10Engine.wav into the ThirdWire/StrikeFighters2x/Sounds folder. If you don't have one, don't panic, just create one, following the path statement above.

To uninstall: just delete the A-10A_Data.ini, and the A-10A_78_Data.ini, and the game will revert to using the TW default.

Any details on what, exactly, has been tweaked?

Avionics, FM, range, beer cooler behind the SSP?

:biggrin:

LGB and LGR capability, but that's the only thing I noticed so far, the README is a duplicate of what's above.

Ah, the big ol' turbofans are now visible from the cockpit.

Sounds cool, will add it to my list of neat things to try on the game rig when I get home...

:good:

man i been looking for this wav file :grin: TK should include it in his stock A-10 ... (and enhance the avenger smoke effect :grin:)