Sign in to follow this  
eskltn

Propeller Engine Exhaust

:tumbleweed: Hi all! I'm new to this.

I was reading MKSeppard's question on exhaust flames for prop. planes and Spillone104's suggestion. I tried it out on the A-1. The afterburner emitter I'm using is the F18AfterburnerEmitter. I found how to decrease the diameter. Can the length of the emitter be shortened in the data.ini file? As one pan's out the full length of the emitter becomes visible. :blink:

maybe adding Min/Max Extant positions?? Look at any 'modern' jet with an AB, and that should help

wrench

kevin stein

I guess the lenght can be easily changed by shortening particles life time in the effect

I guess the lenght can be easily changed by shortening particles life time in the effect

Thanks Wrench and Stary. Wrench I tried your suggestion in all the combinations I could think of. I started with the Min./Max. Ext. Positions for the FA-18 Data.ini. No change. I changed the Min./Max Ext. to: Min. = -0.44,-0.80, -0.40 Max.= -0.44,-1.00,0.60. No change. I zeroed all the settings for Min./Max. No change. I change one value at a time +15.00 and -15.00. No change.

I'm wondering it the exhaust emitter is at its limits? I did try to set up an emitter for each of the exhaust manifolds but when reduced to that size the emitter was a line of firey globes. I settled for adding just four emitters, one for each manifold area on the A-1. I also moved the emitters into the body of the A-1 to hide their tails when viewed close up.

3800456858_7e18cbc6cb.jpg

3799637155_8fb7df4d41.jpg

Stary, I'll try your suggestion. Should I make another emitter from the FA-18 emitter I've been using? :blink:

Thanks Wrench and Stary. Wrench I tried your suggestion in all the combinations I could think of. I started with the Min./Max. Ext. Positions for the FA-18 Data.ini. No change. I changed the Min./Max Ext. to: Min. = -0.44,-0.80, -0.40 Max.= -0.44,-1.00,0.60. No change. I zeroed all the settings for Min./Max. No change. I change one value at a time +15.00 and -15.00. No change.

I'm wondering it the exhaust emitter is at its limits? I did try to set up an emitter for each of the exhaust manifolds but when reduced to that size the emitter was a line of firey globes. I settled for adding just four emitters, one for each manifold area on the A-1. I also moved the emitters into the body of the A-1 to hide their tails when viewed close up.

3800456858_7e18cbc6cb.jpg

3799637155_8fb7df4d41.jpg

Stary, I'll try your suggestion. Should I make another emitter from the FA-18 emitter I've been using? :blink:

That is much better.Thanks Stary!

3799767679_df9e193b08.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41201942@N02/3799767679/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41201942@N02/3799767679/