Sign in to follow this  
GhostDog

Slightly Ot - Space Sims

I must confess i allways had a soft spot for space "simulations" ever since the first version of X-Wing. I played all of them and allso I-War2 Edge of Chaos which i enjoyed alot even though the wonderfull universe dissapeared .

The last thing in that genre that caught my eye was "HomePlanet" (not Homeworld). Its has been developed by russian Revolt Games and has what they call a newtonian physics model which should make the ships handle a bit more realisticaly than in X-Wing and other games where the ships are on rails.

The only thing that has held me back is that russian and cyrrilic letters are beyond me and that they for some strange reason havent translated it yet. Browsing through the forums it looks like it was released in Spain and that a Polish version might be in the final stages.

If anybody has tried it i'm interested in hearing about it. And i might even try it myself - Cyrrilic letters and all :)... if i can ever get my hands on a copy

post-9-1075523632_thumb.jpg

Oh cool. Thanks Sledge

I will take a look at them both. Looks interesing.

But of course when i said "space-sim" i deliberatly put the sim-part in quotation marks: It might be a flaw in my character but i do prefer things with guns :D

Perhaps some one would write a mod for the lunar lander and equip it with some mean looking lasers B)

GD.....Heres' another great space sim...and free too

Space Dream Factory has released a prequel campaign to the main campaign of "I Found Her".  Yes...this is a Flight Combat Simulation that occurs in SPACE, a topic I ve always been interested in since I first watch Star Wars and dreamed of being an X-Wing Fighter pilot.  The Space combat simulation is also based on another favorite TV series that I enjoyed:  Babylon 5.

Thanks to www.Gamershell.com

FREE GAME: Babylon 5 "I Found Her" Campaign: Danger and Opportunity (210Mb)

Demo: Babylon 5 "I Found Her"

Screenshot Gallery

Space Dream Factory IFH Homepage

Here are some pics:

Babylon5IFH010.jpg

Babylon5IFH001.jpg

You can read the FULL STORY:  HERE

<C>  FATES

Thanks Fates... it looks like the Babylon5 thingy is a free mod for the HomePlanet engine.

And as i understand it there are english speaking people out there who are into this sim so there might be help for those interested in this

And as i understand it there are english speaking people out there who are into this sim so there might be help for those interested in this

Funny you should say that. It seems I spend a great deal of time surfing and reading webpages in German these days. It's amazing that I still remember as much as I do from my highschool days.

Its embarrasing really ... my mother was Austrian so i should be fluent in german but when she tried to teach me when i was a kid i couldn't stop laughing so she gave it up

..*cough* .. well i digressed for a moment there.

Did you ever play I-war 2 EoC Fates?

Welcome to Biohaz and thanks for the help Wesha.

I hope i'll be able to take a closer look at it soon

PS: personal mail inbound B)