Sign in to follow this  
Bandy

Anyone running the ENB Series in FE?

In case you haven't seen this posted on other forums, some folks running the ENB Series in 3rdWire games have reported fantastic (!) improvements in game performance allowing them to notch up FX as well as AA and AF settings. See the LINK HERE.

I've downloaded and installed the files, made the modifications to Options.ini posted for SF2, initialized the mod in game and see the bloom effect, but my framerate is TERRIBLE. I shut it off, decreased settings in CCC and in game options, restarted game and again had TERRIBLE fps. So I increased CCC settings (as described by the ENB creator on his site) and again had TERRIBLE fps.

Just wondering if anyone else has had success with it in FE. Some have said so LINK HERE.

Apparently ENB series performance is proportional to screen resolution and GPU VRAM, so bigger screen realestate requires BEEFY GPU, which I have...

My system specs:

2.66 GHz quad Xeon XP Pro

3 GB 667 RAM (limited to this speed, its a 3 year old system...)

XFX 4870 1 GB vRAM (with accelero cooler)

1900 x 1200 26" Vizsio HDMI

Most in game FX at high except shadows off/low, various terrain at medium, so I'm not exactly pushing things.

Normally I get over 30 fps all the time even in furballs, up to 50-60 when cruising, but drops near the ground to 20-25 on take off (sort of as expected). I would hope to get better fps and run the ENB series...

I have a newer system (AMD 6400+, Crossfire 3870's and XP Pro) and I get about the same FPS as you do. I have also tried the ENB and did not see any improvement, but then I did not play with the settings either. The biggest reason that I can see/read is that ENB appears to work better on "Vista" than XP, and I have no great desire to move to Vista/Win 7 until I need to, so I removed it.

Edited by Panama Red

B Bandy,

as I use it in other Thirdwire titles, both Classic Series and SF2 family, for a really loong time, I haven't noticed such improvements. Moreover, in FE it really does reduce framerate as you noticed.

On my system, 8400@2,66 ghz, 4GB ram, 8800 GT 512mb, WD 400, Win7, I usually have 40-60 in cruise or small furballs (up to ~12 crates, some flak), drops to low 30ties in very large engagements. With ENB enables it's sometimes unchanges, sometimes low twenties, all settings high or unlimited if possible (except shadows medium, terrain normal) @1280x1024, AAx4 AFx8.

Thanks gents,

I didn't want to spend a lot of time on trying to tweak this thing only to find out it won't work. I barely find time to fly as is anymore...

I've already bought Win7 on advance for less than $50 and hope that the 64 bit version will run well to allow me to utilize all the RAM I have in my system (work life on MacPro partition, fly on my PC partition...). So far, have heard good things about hardware compatibility with the 64 bit, but didn't try the 7RC myself.

BB

Just curious, are you guys trying this in FE1 or FE2? I have FE1 and was thinking about giving enb a try...