Sign in to follow this  
Fortiesboy

Respawning in QC cannot be stopped

Since the new superpatch, for which I did a re - install, and subsequent patches, it seems i have lost the ability to fly QC without re spawning.

Since phase 2 I have flown QC without re spawning. In order to prevent re spawning, I went to the uisel file ( both of em ) in CFSWWl Over Flanders field folder in Docs and settings/owner etc etc and I changed the re spawn options to "n".

I've also tried this in conjunction with the two options in workshops, but no matter what, I cannot get a QC flight with no respawn.

Can this be corrected, if so, how?

TIA

Guest British_eh

Hi there:

It is my understanding that "respawning" is a CFS3 thing, and you may be able to change it by going into the CFS3 files, and changing it there. Perhaps your best bet would be to go to SIMSOUTHOUSE CFS3 general disscussion and look for a threat on this, or post a question there on how to effectiveyly disable spawns in QC.

Cheers,

British_eh

Since the new superpatch, for which I did a re - install, and subsequent patches, it seems i have lost the ability to fly QC without re spawning.

Since phase 2 I have flown QC without re spawning. In order to prevent re spawning, I went to the uisel file ( both of em ) in CFSWWl Over Flanders field folder in Docs and settings/owner etc etc and I changed the re spawn options to "n".

I've also tried this in conjunction with the two options in workshops, but no matter what, I cannot get a QC flight with no respawn.

Can this be corrected, if so, how?

TIA

Hello British

I was hoping that one of the devs could help with this, because in all the changes since phase 3 came out, the non re spawning stayed with my instal. I had always changed it in the uisel file, in CFSWW1 folder as described, which is where to do it, IIRC, but the changes I have now made in there do not seem to hold- which must be something that has recently been done by the devs?

When BH&H first came out (also in Phase 2) there was a choice on the QC respawn in Workshop. It seems to have fallen by the wayside in one of the patches.

Edited by Cameljockey

Guest British_eh

I think the only luck you may have will be in CFS3 and the CFS genreal discussion

I did change it once, and that was how.

Cheers,

British_eh

It was broken before, it was forced on in the last version as we couldn't apply it any other way. May be fixed in a future update or addon.

Give us some time. We can't always respond and reply to every single post and every issue especially when we are trying to stay out of here for a break!

CFS3 version of QC is very low priority and the majority of people who use it use it fly with the only respawn on as it was in CFS3 by default.

It was broken before, it was forced on in the last version as we couldn't apply it any other way. May be fixed in a future update or addon.

Give us some time. We can't always respond and reply to every single post and every issue especially when we are trying to stay out of here for a break!

CFS3 version of QC is very low priority and the majority of people who use it use it fly with the only respawn on as it was in CFS3 by default.

I think it's a very important part of OFF personally...as in OFF QC you spend half the time flying in a blizzard or Thunderstorm :biggrin:

why would you want it to stop?

i havnt played qc inna while,,only cause i could not get it to respawn,,,once they took that button off,,,does this mean its working again?

Why not just end mission after the first wave? The season override should work now too in OFF QC.

Old CFS3 QC had respawn then it got broke so now it's forced on. Something had to be removed to give way to the new options to allow all those zillion options to work.

We hope to have so many options in P4 that you never need leave the workshop screen to actually go fly ;).

Why not just end mission after the first wave? The season override should work now too in OFF QC.

Pol, take your time for a break – you’ve earned it!

For me, the ability to stop re-spawn is important too. If I want to make a quick flight I like to make a normal landing after the dogfight, and not being shot down by a re/spawned enemy or be forced to exit the game before landing. But I can fully understand that you have other priorities.

Old CFS3 QC had respawn then it got broke so now it's forced on. Something had to be removed to give way to the new options to allow all those zillion options to work.

We hope to have so many options in P4 that you never need leave the workshop screen to actually go fly ;).

Well it is important to some to be able to look around after shooting down the enemy and spotting some ground units to use your remaining ammo on,( they now blow up nicely too -lol ) before returning to your airfield and landing.

This non option of finishing as in RL has come into OFF lately, and I think is non too popular. By which I mean the sudden ending of the scenario when damaged- no struggling down trying to make forced landings etc. Now the same is done for QC - "Just switch out the flight", you say.

A lot now seems to have to end abruptly.

Anyhow, I am not asking for an option in workshops, just some way of making the choice. In phase 2 IIRC you could go into the uisel file and select N for respawn, changing it from the default Y. Save the file and it was as simple as that.

I have tried that, but the file won't stay on N.

EDIT- I have got it to work after a fashion. Read all these lines before doing it, because at the moment there is a "price" to pay for this "fix". ( Legal stuff - try it at your own risk )

This is for XP. I don't know how this works in vista

1. In QC or CFS3/QC select the scenario you want e.g one or more wingmen etc.etc You'll see why later.

2. Go to the uisel file which is in the CFSWWl folder in Documents and Settings/owner/application data/Microsoft

3 Open the uisel file using notepad and you will see under enemy aircraft, a respawn line which has the value y. Change this value to n. Save the file and exit it.

4. Right click on the uisel file and select properties . Make it a Read only file by clicking in the little box.

That's it The n value for respawn will now stay. The price you pay though is that all the other values seem to be fixed as well- so you cannot change the number of enemy or wingmen etc etc that you normally do just before flying.

Note when you proceed towards clicking to fly, you will get an error message once or twice about the uisel file. The message suggests re setting the CFS3 files, but if you just click on OK ( i.e ignoring that advice )you will carry on going to the point of clicking "Fly"

Now when you fly you will get the scenario you first of all had before changing the uisel file except the enemy will not respawn.

Unfortunately, to change the scenario you have to go back to the uisel file and change its status from Read Only.

So it all depends on how much you want the enemy not to respawn, I suppose.

IIRC, OFF used to be that you could change the respawn line and it would "stick" without affecting any other ability of the uisel file. (It did not have to be made a read only file), and so i am wondering why the devs could not re-introduce this.

By this I am not asking that this is done via Workshops, - just that the player could be offered a simple guide to make one visit to the uisel file which could stop respawning for those few, like myself, who like that feature. and would be prepared to make that slight mod.

cheers

Well it is important to some to be able to look around after shooting down the enemy and spotting some ground units to use your remaining ammo on,( they now blow up nicely too -lol ) before returning to your airfield and landing.

This non option of finishing as in RL has come into OFF lately, and I think is non too popular. By which I mean the sudden ending of the scenario when damaged- no struggling down trying to make forced landings etc. Now the same is done for QC - "Just switch out the flight", you say.

A lot now seems to have to end abruptly.

Anyhow, I am not asking for an option in workshops, just some way of making the choice. In phase 2 IIRC you could go into the uisel file and select N for respawn, changing it from the default Y. Save the file and it was as simple as that.

I have tried that, but the file won't stay on N.

EDIT- I have got it to work after a fashion. Read all these lines before doing it, because at the moment there is a "price" to pay for this "fix". ( Legal stuff - try it at your own risk )

This is for XP. I don't know how this works in vista

1. In QC or CFS3/QC select the scenario you want e.g one or more wingmen etc.etc You'll see why later.

2. Go to the uisel file which is in the CFSWWl folder in Documents and Settings/owner/application data/Microsoft

3 Open the uisel file using notepad and you will see under enemy aircraft, a respawn line which has the value y. Change this value to n. Save the file and exit it.

4. Right click on the uisel file and select properties . Make it a Read only file by clicking in the little box.

That's it The n value for respawn will now stay. The price you pay though is that all the other values seem to be fixed as well- so you cannot change the number of enemy or wingmen etc etc that you normally do just before flying.

Note when you proceed towards clicking to fly, you will get an error message once or twice about the uisel file. The message suggests re setting the CFS3 files, but if you just click on OK ( i.e ignoring that advice )you will carry on going to the point of clicking "Fly"

Now when you fly you will get the scenario you first of all had before changing the uisel file except the enemy will not respawn.

Unfortunately, to change the scenario you have to go back to the uisel file and change its status from Read Only.

So it all depends on how much you want the enemy not to respawn, I suppose.

IIRC, OFF used to be that you could change the respawn line and it would "stick" without affecting any other ability of the uisel file. (It did not have to be made a read only file), and so i am wondering why the devs could not re-introduce this.

By this I am not asking that this is done via Workshops, - just that the player could be offered a simple guide to make one visit to the uisel file which could stop respawning for those few, like myself, who like that feature. and would be prepared to make that slight mod.

cheers

Its fixed in 1.32f - release date unknown.

Basically CFS3 QC is highly 'unrealistic' (or use the word 'silly' as this is not an attempt to say the OFF QC is 'realistic' - we still have a game here chaps!) as everything around your home field is enemy.

We had a lot of feedback in P2 of anti sentiment for this rather ludicrous situation and had many support queries on this - this is standard CFS3 fair and not what we or most users want for OFF at all.

So In P3 I made a new Quick Combat system that actually runs a small mission (OFF QC) and has the frontlines all correctly in place so the 'surrounded by enemy issue' has been circumvented .

Thus in P3 we have bypassed the CFS3 QC system (now relegated to workshops for any one that wants to use it and understands this limitation -everything that surrounds you is enemy!)

When we launched P3 the old CFS3 QC Respawn was set (forced) Off.

Now its forced On, as we had some e-mail queries from guys that want to play training with repeat enemies so this made sense and so it was implemented, especially given that CFS3 QC is so 'unrealistic/silly' that why not have enemies auto regen?.

In 1.32f for whomever still uses the CFS3 QC Respawn is now settable in the CFS3 QC UI as a tickbox and this setting is saved.

Finally there can never be respawn in OFF QC (the main menu Quick Combat) as it's a mission - this was the reason for dropping the setting as it serves no purpose in OFF standard QC as respawn cannot happen in a mission.

Basically we only recommend CFS3 QC for sight seeing - not for combat - note becaues every field and object around your home base is enemy they will attack you - so the odds are ludicrous.

WM

Its fixed in 1.32f - release date unknown.

Basically CFS3 QC is highly 'unrealistic' (or use the word 'silly' as this is not an attempt to say the OFF QC is 'realistic' - we still have a game here chaps!) as everything around your home field is enemy.

We had a lot of feedback in P2 of anti sentiment for this rather ludicrous situation and had many support queries on this - this is standard CFS3 fair and not what we or most users want for OFF at all.

So In P3 I made a new Quick Combat system that actually runs a small mission (OFF QC) and has the frontlines all correctly in place so the 'surrounded by enemy issue' has been circumvented .

Thus in P3 we have bypassed the CFS3 QC system (now relegated to workshops for any one that wants to use it and understands this limitation -everything that surrounds you is enemy!)

When we launched P3 the old CFS3 QC Respawn was set (forced) Off.

Now its forced On, as we had some e-mail queries from guys that want to play training with repeat enemies so this made sense and so it was implemented, especially given that CFS3 QC is so 'unrealistic/silly' that why not have enemies auto regen?.

In 1.32f for whomever still uses the CFS3 QC Respawn is now settable in the CFS3 QC UI as a tickbox and this setting is saved.

Finally there can never be respawn in OFF QC (the main menu Quick Combat) as it's a mission - this was the reason for dropping the setting as it serves no purpose in OFF standard QC as respawn cannot happen in a mission.

Basically we only recommend CFS3 QC for sight seeing - not for combat - note becaues every field and object around your home base is enemy they will attack you - so the odds are ludicrous.

WM

Thanks for the detailed reply Winder- Whilst obviously,( being an avid QC chap,) disagreeing about the view expressed in the last paragraph - lol. ( I often times found more than one friendly field to land in, after a CF3 QC dogfight- and with flak set low it was easy to survive), I am happy re the first sentence of your reply - :grin:

I look forward to patch 1.32f. Thank you.