Sign in to follow this  
Broadside uda Barn

Scenarios!

I tried the 20 Camels vs the 20 Dr1s today....VERY FUN!

I didnt have ANY slow downs either FPS remained at 60, tho I never got below 3000 ft while still alive.

Pretty amazing for this sim that it can handle 40 pilots flyiing AI planes and not slow down.

I know that in the campaign I've hit a 20 plane furball near the ground where FPS hit the high teens, but that just shows

what the graphics down low will do.

If you havent tried it, try the 12v12 or the 20 v 20.

I recommend staying high, and retaining altitude at every chance!

I'm ashamed to say I haven't done any scenarios yet. But this one sounds pissa! When I sober up tomorrow, which is one of my rare days OFF, I'll make sure to try it grin.gif

Sounds like a lot to do - how long will your ammo last?

I think the maximum I ever shot down with 1.000 rounds was six craft.

That would mean, still 14 Camels around and me out of ammo - so my wings would have to do some, too.

Did you get out alive? How many did you get?

No, I havent made it out alive yet...well, that's not true. I've force a couple of landings cause of losing parts of my craft.

The biggest thing is to stay high. Fire on someone, as they dive you disengage and climb. There's less to worry about then as there's only a few enemy fokkers above....and often I'm at the top and looking down. I've hurt 4 or 5 planes, but dont know if they ever crashed as it doesnt tell you at the end of the scenario.

Possible Improvements:

I'd like to see a spad 13 vs fok. d7 match, as the se5as are under classed for the d7 IMO.

I'd also like to see a tally score at the end of the match with how many you shot down, how many you damaged, how many of your pilots were shot down or damaged.

I must say that this mode is FUN, and EXCITING!

Good work OBD! (again!)

No, I havent made it out alive yet...well, that's not true. I've force a couple of landings cause of losing parts of my craft.

The biggest thing is to stay high. Fire on someone, as they dive you disengage and climb. There's less to worry about then as there's only a few enemy fokkers above....and often I'm at the top and looking down. I've hurt 4 or 5 planes, but dont know if they ever crashed as it doesnt tell you at the end of the scenario.

Possible Improvements:

I'd like to see a spad 13 vs fok. d7 match, as the se5as are under classed for the d7 IMO.

I'd also like to see a tally score at the end of the match with how many you shot down, how many you damaged, how many of your pilots were shot down or damaged.

I must say that this mode is FUN, and EXCITING!

Good work OBD! (again!)

Enlist a French pilot and you will have what you want!

WM

Now THERE'S a novel idea! Fly for the French. I dont think I've done that yet...and for good reason...Freedom Fries are so much better than French Fries! lol

Heh, seriously, I've avoided the French up to now....the Camel is just so much fun to fly and OberLt. Ace Olham goes down in flames every time I meet up with him!cool.gif

...but I guess he'll go down just as quickly if I'm flying a Spad. Thanks Winder!

Edited by Broadside uda Barn

BuB, I have never met you up there, Sir, and I have the proof:

I was never only once shot down by a Sopwith Camel.

And as for the SPAD: I'm flying one myself with 93rd Aero (as you may check in the screen shots).

With great success by the way. I have shot 4 DVIIs to pieces in three sorties.

Sorry, Olham, it's your AI alter-ego OberLt. Ace Olham that gets all the knocks from my Camels.

Your alter-ego's all fly pretty well though...which makes me wonder:

In the 20 v 20 (and 12v12), are the pilots Aces? Because they are magnificent flyers, and seem to pull every trick in the book to get away...much different and much from the regular campaign AI from what I can tell.

??

These 20 vs 20 scenerios are just spectacular! I can't stop flying them because the action is so good! I get 60 FPS no matter where I am, including low to the ground. 44455 settings at 1680 x 1050 with 16xQ. Not sure if it was the total system reload, the new 190.62 drivers or the Superpatch, but whatever it is this sim handles the load flawlessly. There is zero stutter for me, even when recording the FRAPS videos I've been sharing. That is some mighty fine coding OBD. I just finished a 20 v 20 flying Dr 1s vs Camels. Just incredible white knuckle, turn fighting action from start to finish.

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade