Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

Forum Request to consider

Now that the Superpatch has really smoothed out the game, it is much easier to make good quality videos of the combat action. Any chance we could have a stickie topic for "OFF : Air Combat Videos", just like we have for screenshots and stories from the front? I think it would make for a great place to link a ton of user made videos to other locations so folks could see for themselves what all the excitement is about. Just a thought. Ok, back to the action!

Hellshade

Good idea, but the space for stickies is pretty limited for OvS.

But you could always place them in the "Reports from the front" sticky.

Maybe we need a Sticky page?

Yes, it's getting crowded again. Some of them I think I can remove, but I'm going to wait until we're all settled in and done before I do anything. I want to see how much more/less room the new look will have.

But I do agree... we need a place to put all the great videos you guys make. It's great for us and helps new users get a raw feeling for the game from a users point-of-view, rather than a fully edited marketing clip.

Thanks as always for the good suggestions.

OvS

Yes, it's getting crowded again. Some of them I think I can remove, but I'm going to wait until we're all settled in and done before I do anything. I want to see how much more/less room the new look will have.

But I do agree... we need a place to put all the great videos you guys make. It's great for us and helps new users get a raw feeling for the game from a users point-of-view, rather than a fully edited marketing clip.

Thanks as always for the good suggestions.

OvS

That's exactly my point. Videos (especially raw footage that shows what the player will experience) are probably the best selling tool we have. If you can get folks to watch a few uncut videos, I bet it would get rid of any CFS3 worries about the quality of the game. Having them all in one place that we could just link to in e-mails, forums or whatever would allow folks to see how much OFF has to offer. Whatever you can do is appreciated. I plan to make quite a few more "Hellshade Combat Action" videos showing all the fun in various different aircraft. Not that I am the greatest pilot, but at least people could see some of the possibilities.

Hellshade

Hellshade, if I might suggest including some 2 seater action in a vid. Especially the observers position, firing the machine gun. I little something not to be had in a certain not to be named product AFAIK. I'm just sayin'.