Sign in to follow this  
Guest British_eh

New Flak Settings

Guest British_eh

Hi there:

I see the new mini is available, and scrolling down through the various tweaks I see that FLAK Easy will be changed if I load the new mini. What is the difference between the current settings and the NEW (OLD) FLAK settings.

It would appear that from the 6 or so missions, ( I know, too few to judge), that the current EASY FLAK is from what I see, and have read, reasonable. In 4 Missions I haven't lost a Wingman to FLAK, whereas NORMAL, lost both Wingmen on the first mission.

So, obvious advantage to DL the new patch, but will then the OLD FLAK, will be installed. Can you briefly, since you have instituted this change, give the differences between them?

Regards,

British_eh

British_eh, as it says on the website download page :

• Flak - CHANGED EASY SETTING TO MATCH OLD FLAK FOR THOSE THAT WANT THE OLD SETTING...

Rest is new Flak. You liked old useless Flak so set to Easy. Ignore rest you won't like it.

Guest British_eh

British_eh, as it says on the website download page :

• Flak - CHANGED EASY SETTING TO MATCH OLD FLAK FOR THOSE THAT WANT THE OLD SETTING...

Rest is new Flak. You liked old useless Flak so set to Easy. Ignore rest you won't like it.

Thanks so much.

Actually, and factually speaking, I like Realism at 100%. I read fiction, and visit such exhibits as Canadian Aviation Museum, Hendon RAF Museum, Imerial War Museum, Deutches Museum, and Duxford aerodrome twice. Although not proficient in WW1 matters yet, I am collecting a few titles. Yes, good advise, ignore what isn't at all realistic. I am going to believe that Bletchley's knowledge is far more extensive than mine, and perhaps his views lend more to realism than such settings as Flak - Hard, etc.

Regards,

British_eh

Thanks so much.

Actually, and factually speaking, I like Realism at 100%. I read fiction, and visit such exhibits as Canadian Aviation Museum, Hendon RAF Museum, Imerial War Museum, Deutches Museum, and Duxford aerodrome twice. Although not proficient in WW1 matters yet, I am collecting a few titles. Yes, good advise, ignore what isn't at all realistic. I am going to believe that Bletchley's knowledge is far more extensive than mine, and perhaps his views lend more to realism than such settings as Flak - Hard, etc.

Regards,

British_eh

Not to hijack the thread - but precisely the reason I would love to see the Realism % just go away.

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

" Yes, good advise, ignore what isn't at all realistic"

This is not quite what I said, I said to ignore what you don't like. The EASY (old FLAK) is not realistic as it's nowhere near aircraft so can't even be used for spotting enemy.

Anyway that's the last I'll say on this - we know there are plenty of settings there to work for everyone's opinion.

The EASY (old FLAK) is not realistic as it's nowhere near aircraft so can't even be used for spotting enemy.

That explains it well...thanks Pol. I was thinking the setting effected volume of flak only, so this is very helpful to know.