Sign in to follow this  
quack74

CombatAce site really slow

Is it just me or is the new CombatAce site really really slow? Every window I click on takes a good ten seconds or so to load. It's like I'm back to dial-up. I'm currently using cable (LAN). Is it because it's still in the works or is it the way it's going to be. I hope it's not going to be this way. Pretty frustrating.

Seems a bit slower - but is loading pages in 3 secs still for me on a private broadband line.

I can honestly say this isn't a resource issue on our end. To make things faster for display purposes I can cache the pages to php instead of mysql but since there isn't an issue with mysql, it's load, or traffic volume then it stands to reason that's not a solid fix. The other possibility is encode the site to gzip pages which makes the total transfer smaller from our side of things but causes issues with some people not being able to view the boards if their connection upstream doesn't handle compression. Either way these are minor changes in the grade scale of things. The new code base is much leaner and cleaner and for all intensive purposes much faster. Personally I have zero page load issues. So I can better understand what may be affecting your connection can I ask the two that are having problems to do a couple things.

1. Report your browser and version you're running.

2. Your operating system you're running.

3. Ping the site and report back with either a screen shot or copy paste of the results. START > RUN > Type CMD > Press [ENTER] > Black command window opens and at the prompt type: ping combatace.com -n 40 --> to copy paste from the command window right click anywhere on the top file bar and you should get a drop down > Select Edit >> Mark - You can now highlight the text you want to copy. When you've highlighted all the text you want to copy press [ENTER] and that will copy it to your clipboard. You can then right click in a forum response and use the paste option or use [CTRL]+ V.

Thanks.

I can honestly say this isn't a resource issue on our end. To make things faster for display purposes I can cache the pages to php instead of mysql but since there isn't an issue with mysql, it's load, or traffic volume then it stands to reason that's not a solid fix. The other possibility is encode the site to gzip pages which makes the total transfer smaller from our side of things but causes issues with some people not being able to view the boards if their connection upstream doesn't handle compression. Either way these are minor changes in the grade scale of things. The new code base is much leaner and cleaner and for all intensive purposes much faster. Personally I have zero page load issues. So I can better understand what may be affecting your connection can I ask the two that are having problems to do a couple things.

1. Report your browser and version you're running.

2. Your operating system you're running.

3. Ping the site and report back with either a screen shot or copy paste of the results. START > RUN > Type CMD > Press [ENTER] > Black command window opens and at the prompt type: ping combatace.com -n 40 --> to copy paste from the command window right click anywhere on the top file bar and you should get a drop down > Select Edit >> Mark - You can now highlight the text you want to copy. When you've highlighted all the text you want to copy press [ENTER] and that will copy it to your clipboard. You can then right click in a forum response and use the paste option or use [CTRL]+ V.

Thanks.

I see NP. Good quality good speed. Screens load in 1 -3 sec.

I have 5600 kbs broadband.

Keep up the good work.