Sign in to follow this  
ArisFuser

Lone Wolf Sorties Claims

Hello fellow pilots, I recently purchased OFF, and rediscovered the charm of flying these wooden, fragile machines. I must say that I am more than happy to be back at WW1 doghfighting. Congratulations to the team for a software masterpiece, more than that, a whole inmersion to a dramatic period not covered this way before for a PC. Now, on to the questions,....you already knew that, ;) ...what happens when you down some planes on a lone wolf sortie, how are you supposed to claim them? No wingman to witness them, ... :dntknw: is it possible to have them accepted?

Glad to be in the community :salute:

Welcome, Aristoteles!

You seem to have realilsed very quick, that you got the greatest WW1 sim with BHaH.

Butwell - with THAT name...

Would you please send me a PM with your hometown and country?

I would like to add you to our OFF Pilots Map. Thanks!

If you get a claims form after the mission, you can try to get it through.

Fill in ground troops, ground crew or whatsoever. If you don't get one, you can forget about it.

Lone Wolfs never had anyone to witness; no witness - no confirm.

If you want, you can pass that Lone Wolf mission by clicking "advance time" in the first briefing window.

Thanks Olham for your prompt response. Anyway, whenever I get to the claims form, it allows me only to fill the name of a flying mate,the name of the downed aircraft/s and the amount of downed planes, no option to write further data,...

(P.M on the way ;) )

Ari, what I meant was the first line, where you normally write your team members in.

If you don't have any, try "ground troops military defense 427" for example - the "mil.def."

is one of the locations which are mentioned in briefing; could also be "observation balloon

at balloon base 623". But chances to get that confirmed seem to be small.

Still though - there must be a reason why you get the form; so you could try.

I often don't get a form, even when I started with wingmen, but lost them, before I shot

down a craft.

You will also find, that some claims remain unconfirmed or get refused. That's how it was.

If you want it easier, you can always follow UncleAl's advice.

I have no proof, but suspect the best results will come from typing a two-word response for the witness like "ground troops", as the system is expecting a first-name last-name response.

Hello fellow pilots, I recently purchased OFF, and rediscovered the charm of flying these wooden, fragile machines. I must say that I am more than happy to be back at WW1 doghfighting. Congratulations to the team for a software masterpiece, more than that, a whole inmersion to a dramatic period not covered this way before for a PC. Now, on to the questions,....you already knew that, ;) ...what happens when you down some planes on a lone wolf sortie, how are you supposed to claim them? No wingman to witness them, ... dntknw.gif is it possible to have them accepted?

Glad to be in the community Salute.gif

Surprise of surprises just had a lone wolf mission confirmed kill whilst flying for the Laf Esc ..go figure info given was enemy sq number and craft hit and downed north of front

Guest British_eh

Well, the magic of OFF, ( with Claims set at Normal), I've just had two confirmed kills, with no witnesses, ( all wingmen killed in the skirmish), givng Otto Haboklaber two Iron Crosses, and 9.4 hours, in a Dr.1, at JG II, in February 1918. He has survived being shot down 3 times, so I'm sure his GLUCK will run out soon. Most hours for any of my pilots in P3 with settings at 100% realsim, and Flak at Easy. Still, it seem brutal to get to this lofty hour total. It's hard just being average and getting 17 hours in :(

Cheers,

British_eh