Sign in to follow this  
swambast

How do I change an aircraft's "Hit Points"

Hi all, I'm flying the F-105D and the amount of damage I am getting while doing some Flak testing over Thai Nguyen is insane. I get hit 8 times by 37mm ZP-39 cannons, and then ripped again 3 times on by 57mm S-68 cannons and then...1 more hit finally takes me down. Huh? I find that is typically the case...how can I adjust the amount of damage the aircraft will sustain? Thanks!

The structural factor on the TW F-105 is set at 2.5. Keep in mind that F-105s were known to return back to their bases in Thailand (some 400+ miles from N.Vietnam), with incredible amounts of battle damage (3 foot holes in wings, etc). One F-105 landed with both an AA-2 stuck in its tail, and exhaust nozzles that had been shredded by AAA fire.

The Thud was a tough airplane. Then again, the same could be said for the P-47, F-84, and the A-10.....

Fubar, you are an incredible wealth of knowledge, thank you for your reply and I appreciate all of your knowledge sharing and support to me and others here. :salute: By the way, just installed your updated SAM effects, great work!

The structural factor on the TW F-105 is set at 2.5.

Is it the early or the late model? Early one got me shot down with a few rounds of 14.5mm