Sign in to follow this  
snapper 21

The Stormer, Me and Photoshop

Well I was adding friendly air defence to my SF2 woe install. After copying each one I checked it appeared in the game. After adding the Stormer HVM I went and had a look.

post-13430-12516667130306_thumb.jpg

To me it looked a bit light, that is in no way any disrespect to the person who made it:Salute:. Because I took one look at the detail on the bitmap and thought that was beyond me to repaint. Not enough talent or patience.

But I still wanted to try and darken it a little, I tried using brightness/contrast but lost to much detail. Then I tried selecting using the magic wand. This came up with a funny pattern and gave me an idea. I put the eyedropper tool onto the Scimitar Green from the Falkands campaign and this is what I got.

post-13430-12516667240044_thumb.jpg

Not bad I thought, so taking the light green from the scimitar, this is what I got.

post-13430-12516667352387_thumb.jpg

What do you reckon? Not realistic British army camo, but I don't think it looks that bad. :grin:

I hereby apologize to all skinners who have done so much to brighten up the SF1 and SF2 skies. My hamfisted efforts are in no way a slur on your talet.:good:

Cheers

Snapper 21

Not actually too bad :good:

But on the talent note.... skinning isn't an art you just jump into and paint a Picasso, it just takes time :good:

Looks OK to me too. I like the spotted one. Maybe a tiger stripe next??? in browns for desert use.

Like Eric said, skinning is like any other learning curve. Having the right tools really helps of course. If you don't have Photoshop, GIMP works nearly as well. and it's FREEEEEEE (says the guys with 3 versions of PS...)

wrench

kevin stein

Well don't forget Paint Shop Pro, I've used it and was happy with it back in my Flanker/LOMAC days. Then again, even with PS Elements, you can still get the same results... but a desert version would be nice :smile: