Sign in to follow this  
Abhi

how to get promotion

i am a new member,aaa not so new and i want to get promotted to modders level.

what should i do or what are the requrements.

Just Mod something, i guess

Patience, young padawan. All good things come to those who wait. yes3.gif

As far as I know; a members ranking depends on how active they've been on the forum. In otherwords, the more messages you post the higher your rank becomes.

The title of 'Modder' is a little nebulous. There is no hard and fast rule about what is considered a modder in the ThirdWire series.

I will tell you in general that for a person to be considered, in preferred order of importance, quality, difficulty, originality, consistency and quantity of released products are all factors. A few simple ini edits, even if good ones, probably won't get you branded as a modder (lack of difficulty). A single aircraft, terrain, enviromental mod, even with help from others in textures, ini's, etc, probably will get you labeled as a modder even though it's just one item, because the other factors are high (quality, difficulty, etc).

Other things include having a decent readme, a willingness to accept constructive and appropriate critiqing, and being willing to fix major errors.

Notice that most of these factors are subjective...so the title of modder to an extent is subjective.

Another way to put it...the title of Modder is earned...it isn't given. A very important difference.

FC

Edited by FastCargo

FC pretty much hit everything on the head. Being a MODDER at CombatAce is an "Earned" position that doesn't simply happen overnight. We except nominations and the CA Staff will conclude a decision. There are extra advantages to the rank here at CombatAce, including MODDER specific forums. If anyone wishes to be nominated to this position, don't hesitate to send a moderator a PM and your request will be evaluated.

FC pretty much hit everything on the head. Being a MODDER at CombatAce is an "Earned" position that doesn't simply happen overnight.

Yup I waited a long time for it even though I could argue originality and quality weren't lacking and in times when modder status didn't bring as much as now so I can definitely confirm that this status does not come easy...