Sign in to follow this  
MajorMagee

Dawn Patrol Rendezvous

I plan to be there. Here is the schedule of events: notice the showing of The Blue Max at 7 p.m.

Friday, Sept. 25

9 a.m.-5 p.m. -- Outdoor flying on museum's back field

10 a.m. -- WWI educational program for grades 6-12 in Carney Auditorium (registration required)

5-9 p.m. -- Museum galleries and gift shop open (pilots and re-enactors will be in the Early Years Gallery from 5-7 p.m.)

5-9 p.m. -- Morphis MovieRide open (cost is $3 for those over age 3)

5 p.m. and 7 p.m. -- To Fly! movie shown in IMAX Theatre (cost is $5 for those over age 7)

6 p.m. and 8 p.m. -- Flyers movie shown in IMAX Theatre (cost is $5 for those over age 7)

7 p.m. -- Blue Max movie shown in Carney Auditorium

Saturday, Sept. 26

9 a.m.-5 p.m. -- Outdoor flying on museum's back field

10 a.m.-2 p.m. -- Special break-out sessions during the flying event allow visitors to get up close to aircraft, speak topilots and learn about flying (may qualify toward partial fulfillment for aviation merit badges and achievement awards)

10 a.m.-4 p.m. -- Aviation Demonstration Tent open on museum's back field

Sunday, Sept. 27

9 a.m.- 1 p.m. -- Outdoor flying on museum's back field

I live 4 miles from the museum. I plan on going in the morning before I have to be on duty in the evening. Any of you want to meet up somewhere first?

I wish I could go, but it is not to be this year. I have been to the USAF museum though, and it is a must see. Dave, I see you are AFR...GO AIR FORCE! Former USAF myself from way back when.

Cheers!

Lou

So does anyone want to meet up first?

It looks like I can go on Sat. morning and stay until about 1:30. Breakfast?

Edited by MajorMagee

I live right up the road about 5 minutes from the museum and go every year they have it. I will be there Saturday unless the weather turns and there is no flying.

It looks like I can go on Sat. morning and stay until about 1:30. Breakfast?

I can do that, I don't go on duty until 1530. Drop me a PM when and where for breakfast.

Bumpidea.gif

Bumpidea.gif

Sorry, I was traveling in CA last week for business, and I got home to a computer that blew a monitor, and trashed it's operating system in a power surge. I'm running again, but still have a lot of things left to restore. I don't know that area all that well, but I seem to remember there being something in the strip mall across the street from Wright State.

MM I sent you a PM. If you didnt get it, ping me.

A little too much WWI realism for the fly-in. Really rotten flying weather here this weekend.

:sorry:

Edited by MajorMagee